Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 AM

49 posts, read 82,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie2000 View Post
A lot of people who were going to move out of WNY a few years ago put things on hold
because of the national recession. Now that the national recession is over, most area's are back booming again and Buffalo is still in it's own 50 year recession for it's own reasons, people once again are making the move and it will show in the up coming census. There is not a city in the country that is not building new hospitals. In booming area's they are actually adding more hospitals that give people more choices vs Buffalo that recently closed a bunch of hospitals and are consolidated them into 1 area , giving people no choices for most treatments but to go into the hood.
You are making the right decision. If you were to Google... What states are people moving from outbound and what states are they moving to inbound. You well see Everyone who is intelligent "ARE LEAVING NYS' highest outbound!!! And are moving to the Carolinas. The map doesn't show the majority leaving Texas like they are NY. You are listed in the category with the highly intelligent northerners for leaving NY therefore you shouldn't have any problems fitting in with locals of any state you move to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 09:36 AM

93,235 posts, read 123,842,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Correct. In Houston, for example, the same builder may charge different prices for the exact same home in different parts of town, sometimes by 20 to 30 percent. Looking at price alone is not an indicator of different quality, but deviation from the median local price is.
That makes a lot of sense, as I've heard where essentially the same type of home by the same builder could have a difference of even 100k based on the location in terms of different metros.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:53 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,798 times
Moved to Austin suburbs two years ago, and the only thing I miss about Buffalo is my family.

More than doubled my income out here, moved into a much nicer neighborhood.

Tons of construction here, everything is growing.

I have yet to find the downfall.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM

933 posts, read 1,532,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
Moved to Austin suburbs two years ago, and the only thing I miss about Buffalo is my family.

More than doubled my income out here, moved into a much nicer neighborhood.

Tons of construction here, everything is growing.

I have yet to find the downfall.
Well, Austin is Austin. Much better city than Dallas in terms of culture, natural beauty, etc. Can't really compare the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: