Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 06:36 AM

605 posts, read 490,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Something that I believe would help is to build or vastly improve rt 31. There already is a rt 531 leading from Rochester to Spencerport. Imagine extenfing that to go through Brockport, Holley, Albion, Medina, Gasport and Lockport to Niagara Falls.
That road would get less traffic than the Robert Moses (northernmost section especially) currently does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 06:40 AM

I'm not watching the trailer; I have an aversion to watching video clips online. Makes me feel even more afflicted with attention deficit disorder than the rest of my Internet usage already does. Anyway, what's the sale info, because I'll buy it whenever/wherever it's available.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,079,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcnkwcz View Post
That road would get less traffic than the Robert Moses (northernmost section especially) currently does.
Are you kidding? It would directly connect Niagara Falls to Rochester, taking probably an hour off the trip. It would greatly increase traffic through NF in a Toronto to Rochester trip and help Orleans county. It would reduce the dependency of the Peace Bridge and also the 990 could tap into it as well. And it would make it much easier for the 20,000+ Bills fans from Rochester if a stadium is built there.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:04 AM

How great is the demand to get to Rochester from the Falls, and vice versa? You think it would save an hour against Rt. 104? Eh, maybe, but I just don't see there being much need. I remember taking a highway/pseudoexpressway west out of Greece NY and being the only car on the road for long stretches--I imagine this road would be like that. Take it from a Buffalonian, the stadium is going downtown; there's a near-0% chance it'd be placed in the Falls.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:23 AM

73 posts, read 89,577 times
high speed rail from nyc to toronto and passing through nf ny is the only thing left that would save nf ny IMO, i love the stadium idea too and im 100% for it but the team already crossed off NF as a location

Old 07-09-2015, 03:40 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetnews View Post
high speed rail from nyc to toronto and passing through nf ny is the only thing left that would save nf ny IMO, i love the stadium idea too and im 100% for it but the team already crossed off NF as a location
How or why would that be the only thing to "save" the city?

Old 07-09-2015, 06:48 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,079,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcnkwcz View Post
How great is the demand to get to Rochester from the Falls, and vice versa? You think it would save an hour against Rt. 104? Eh, maybe, but I just don't see there being much need. I remember taking a highway/pseudoexpressway west out of Greece NY and being the only car on the road for long stretches--I imagine this road would be like that. Take it from a Buffalonian, the stadium is going downtown; there's a near-0% chance it'd be placed in the Falls.
I would think that more people go to NF than Buffalo. This would shorten the trip, plus shorten the Rochester-Toronto route and increase traffic through Orleans county. The STEM high tech park is to be built near Alabama and needs easier transportation.

There are 9 east-west roads that mostly stretch between Buffalo and Rochester. They can't all be busy 24/7:

Lake Ontario State Parkway
rt 18
rt 104
rt 31
rt 33
I 90
rt 5
rt 20
rt 20A

You must have been on the Parkway, and you're right. It pretty much only serves the handful of residences and also it was built to get people to the state parks along the way. Further, it was intended to connect to the Robert Moses. Don't know why the Niagara county section wasn't built.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:20 AM

969 posts, read 2,071,490 times
I've driven a few of those routes and boy do they differ in landscape. Those upper routes get almost no traffic, seems like another world up there, very tranquil.

Back to the comment stating that the Bills stadium location in NF has been ruled out... do you have any links supporting this? Last I read on the subject, the possible new locations are Buff, NF, and Batavia, though I never took Batavia seriously. I've talked to people in the electrical industry mentioning that there currently is insufficient electrical power in Buff right now to supply the stadium. Not sure if that would be a significant stumbling block or not, probably not. I'm also curious of Buff people's thoughts as to a NF stadium.

Old 07-11-2015, 02:13 AM

"On August 26th, 2014, it was announced that the Niagara Falls (which may have used a large plot being held by Howard Milstein) and Buffalo Outer Harbor sites have been ruled out based on similar issues with infrastructure related to the two sites."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Buffalo_Bills_Stadium

I personally like taking rt. 33 to ROC, by the way...slow down in Corfu; relatively highly policed for its size, heh

Old 07-11-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
The STEM high tech park is to be built near Alabama and needs easier transportation.
"Needs"? Eh. Alabama seems awfully accessible from the 90...via the Pembroke/77 exit, from the looks of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area