U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2016, 09:43 PM
 
Location: NY
9,070 posts, read 14,956,577 times
Reputation: 11498

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
The massive population lost is so so oblivious,
What??

Quote:
That's why they closed & shut down 100's & 100's of church's, hospitals, school's, fire station's ,new car dealerships, and just about everything else, There's vacant stores, factory's, office building's & shopping center's everywhere
What? Hundreds of fire stations closed? Hundreds of hospitals? What?

Please.

Erie County's population is within 10% of its all time high, and is on the rise since the 2010 census based on estimates.

What?

[quote] Even Buffalo's tallest, a 38 floor building, One Seneca is vacant and in bank bankruptcy[quote]

Not great, but really so what? You cannot unmake the building, nor unravel the changes in the banking industry. Or maybe we should still bemoan the loss of Curtiss Wright so many years ago.


Quote:
The NFL owner's are telling the Bill's to get going on a new stadium ASAP , because the current stadium is not up to NFL standards and is not bringing in the revenue to the NFL from cooperate e suites/boxes, Yet the local government keep's ignoring the NFL & all the other serious issues facing WNY and business continues as usual.
The Bills are under lease for 8 years and the Pegulas publically say they are ok with that. Word is the next stadium is under development with them, but there is no rush and nobody is ignoring it.

The only crisis here is paranoia. The league is pushing their agenda. It is their job. There is no pressing issue or crisis here.

Quote:
PS You notice every time you come to visit Buffalo there's less & less traffic, that's why there e lven downgrading Expressway's to Parkway's such as 198 because there's less traffic
Lived here all my life. Traffic gets worse and worse. Less? Pipe dream. Get real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 AM
 
255 posts, read 160,518 times
Reputation: 53
Buffalo Fire Department has only 19 station's left , 27 Station's were closed
Engine Co.'s Closed 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 27, 29, 30
Ladder Co. s Closed 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16
Squad's eliminated 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. 10, 11
Battalion Chiefs closed 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, North Division, South Division
Snorkel 1, Heavy Rescue 2 Hose Tender 1 & 2, also have been closed
** Buffalo Fire department is so small now that they can't have a 5 alarm fire anymore


8 Hospitals closed, more coming when the Berger commission meets again,

Sheehan Memorial
Buffalo Columbus
St. Frances
Lafayette General
Millard Fillmore Gates
Deaconess
Our of Lady of Victory
Sheridan Park


The Bills are under lease for 8 years and the Pegulas publically say they are ok with that. Word is the next stadium is under development with them, but there is no rush and nobody is ignoring it.

NFL executives say Bills should get moving on new stadium - BN Blitz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2016, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Great upstate
185 posts, read 127,461 times
Reputation: 99
Tons of illegals taking over upstate ny . I thought the winters would keep them where they are or in California
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2016, 04:48 PM
 
56,243 posts, read 80,390,973 times
Reputation: 12403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Tons of illegals taking over upstate ny . I thought the winters would keep them where they are or in California
Where are you getting that from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2016, 11:26 PM
 
11 posts, read 8,051 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Tons of illegals taking over upstate ny . I thought the winters would keep them where they are or in California

there is a crap load out here where i currently live thats for sure !!! but in Buffalo..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2016, 02:49 PM
 
1,489 posts, read 1,322,719 times
Reputation: 2248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateanddown View Post
Tons of illegals taking over upstate ny . I thought the winters would keep them where they are or in California

I don't know if they are legal or not, but I have heard they're refugees and there's about 10,000 a year. I guess that would be a huge boost to the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 12:25 PM
JH6
 
1,333 posts, read 2,605,069 times
Reputation: 996
When I lived in South Buffalo, I would get up early to shovel out my car to go to work.

I would notice that there was NO ONE on my street doing the same. Many able bodied adults were collecting some kind of welfare, disability, or whatever, and I was the fool for going to work.

We did not notice many illegals in South Buffalo, but the welfare state must certainly be attractive to people coming to this country with nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 02:03 PM
 
56,243 posts, read 80,390,973 times
Reputation: 12403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
When I lived in South Buffalo, I would get up early to shovel out my car to go to work.

I would notice that there was NO ONE on my street doing the same. Many able bodied adults were collecting some kind of welfare, disability, or whatever, and I was the fool for going to work.

We did not notice many illegals in South Buffalo, but the welfare state must certainly be attractive to people coming to this country with nothing.
There were any retirees or those that worked a different shift in the neighborhood?

Also, where are these illegal immigrants going to come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 02:07 PM
 
56,243 posts, read 80,390,973 times
Reputation: 12403
Quote:
Originally Posted by TanLegs View Post
Buffalo Fire Department has only 19 station's left , 27 Station's were closed
Engine Co.'s Closed 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 24, 27, 29, 30
Ladder Co. s Closed 1, 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16
Squad's eliminated 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. 10, 11
Battalion Chiefs closed 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, North Division, South Division
Snorkel 1, Heavy Rescue 2 Hose Tender 1 & 2, also have been closed
** Buffalo Fire department is so small now that they can't have a 5 alarm fire anymore


8 Hospitals closed, more coming when the Berger commission meets again,

Sheehan Memorial
Buffalo Columbus
St. Frances
Lafayette General
Millard Fillmore Gates
Deaconess
Our of Lady of Victory
Sheridan Park


The Bills are under lease for 8 years and the Pegulas publically say they are ok with that. Word is the next stadium is under development with them, but there is no rush and nobody is ignoring it.

NFL executives say Bills should get moving on new stadium - BN Blitz
Are some of the hospital cuts due to the Catholic Church shutting down some of them, as it appears that some were run by the church?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2016, 10:04 PM
 
255 posts, read 160,518 times
Reputation: 53
It's The Berger commission that decides how many beds an area has. There's over 700,000 in Erie County who live in suburbs, Why should they have to drive so far and have to go into the ghetto's for hospital care ?
In places like East Aurora, Orchard Park, Hamburg, W Seneca, S. Buffalo Mercy is a long haul,
and that's in good weather. Why not build new Hospital's at Transit Rd & 400 and Southwestern & South Park
to better serve the South Towns. Also looking at the floor plates for the new Children's Hospital, It's one of the smallest new Children's Hospital I ever seen being built, The 1st floor just has the ER Department & lobby. Floor 5 & 6 are just mechanical floors with a couple of office's/conference rooms. Floors 7 to 10 have some patient's room. some only have 12 room's on a floor, floors 11 & 12 are again just mechanical floors,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:31 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top