U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
 
786 posts, read 2,576,303 times
Reputation: 318

Advertisements

How about Aunt Millie's in Irving/Silver Creek? A little bit of a drive, but great food. And an even further drive, Davidson's in Lakewood (Jamestown) has a great fish fry.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
 
Location: BUFFALO, NEW YORK
1 posts, read 7,560 times
Reputation: 11
Pandora's On Fillmore Avenue

E-mail Me And I Give You More Detailed Info
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2008, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
20 posts, read 64,340 times
Reputation: 26
Id have to say a place called La Pizza Club on Hertle by parkside there, its not a hole in the wall in any way lol and the fish was huge with no skin on the backside, a mound of fries, a garden salad, coleslaw and tar tar sauce for like 7 bucks it was the best deal i have found in a while!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
 
2,039 posts, read 4,411,077 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wydrew9 View Post
Id have to say a place called La Pizza Club on Hertle by parkside there, its not a hole in the wall in any way lol and the fish was huge with no skin on the backside, a mound of fries, a garden salad, coleslaw and tar tar sauce for like 7 bucks it was the best deal i have found in a while!!!
I just remembered another great place for a fish fry that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Danny's on Genesee (sic) in Cheektowaga!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Buffalo, NY
20 posts, read 64,340 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I just remembered another great place for a fish fry that won't cost you an arm and a leg. Danny's on Genesee (sic) in Cheektowaga!
haha thats funny, i used to live right around the block from that place and i have never been there for a fish fry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
 
2,031 posts, read 4,365,636 times
Reputation: 1266
Mardee's in Clarence Center has a great one. They are only open for dinner on Friday nights, otherwise they are a breakfast/lunch place. It is a great little neighborhood restaurant with big portions of perfectly battered/cooked haddock or cod, not sure which one. The price is VERY reasonable too. If you live out that way, check it out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 PM
 
2,031 posts, read 4,365,636 times
Reputation: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
That's very true. Buffalo, in general has very good food.
I was born in Buffalo, but raised elsewhere. I go back once each year to visit family. I always tell people that Buffalo has the "best bad for you" food anywhere in the country, hands down. Beef on weck, pizza, wings, subs, sausages, fish fry... I get so excited thinking about everything I can eat while I am there. I actually try to plan out the trip around meals at various restaurants like Duff's, Mardee's (see above), Dibella's, Swiston's... After typing that, it sounds kind of sad, but it is true.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
 
2,039 posts, read 4,411,077 times
Reputation: 533
Exclamation Duff's!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
I was born in Buffalo, but raised elsewhere. I go back once each year to visit family. I always tell people that Buffalo has the "best bad for you" food anywhere in the country, hands down. Beef on weck, pizza, wings, subs, sausages, fish fry... I get so excited thinking about everything I can eat while I am there. I actually try to plan out the trip around meals at various restaurants like Duff's, Mardee's (see above), Dibella's, Swiston's... After typing that, it sounds kind of sad, but it is true.
Ah Duff's!!!!! They have without a doubt the best hot chicken wings!

For the life on me, I cannot get across to the cooks here in Arizona that chicken wings are NOT supposed to be rubbery! LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2008, 04:14 AM
 
1,313 posts, read 2,384,690 times
Reputation: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by askmeaboutwesternny View Post
OK,
I am getting into this whole Buffalo Fish Fry thing, and was wondering what are some of the best places to go for a Fish Fry? I have tried Grover's, Hayes Seafood House and of course Wegmans for take out. I heard the Hideaway in N. Tonawanda is good too!

Where should I go next?
...fish fry? ....hope YOU get the right stress test....you must like Paula Dean also..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2008, 12:59 PM
 
Location: WNY
327 posts, read 615,801 times
Reputation: 79
Thumbs up lake ERIE fishing

This thread smells and sounds too fishy.

What kind of fish fry? How far are you willing to go and much to spend?
Isn't better to catch your own fish and cook at home? There're plenty of them in lake ERIE.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top