Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:44 AM

5 posts, read 3,851 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am moving to Buffalo, NY very soon, would like to find an apartment 1 BHK near where Indians stay.

I would be shifting with my wife and son-5 years old.

My place of work would be close to zip14220.

It would be really helpful if you can provide me name of some good neibourhoods to stay in and the avg rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 09:33 AM

821 posts, read 759,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitro7 View Post
Hello,

I am moving to Buffalo, NY very soon, would like to find an apartment 1 BHK near where Indians stay.

It would be really helpful if you can provide me name of some good neibourhoods to stay in and the avg rate.
14220 is in South Buffalo if I am not mistaken. I would recommend living north of the city, especially since the snow can be brutal south of the city. Someplace in Eggertsville or Snyder might be nice; there are usually some affordable places, all while being in great schools and low crime. The Amherst district is probably the most diverse suburban district, which is in Eggertsville and Snyder. North Buffalo/Kenmore would also work. Both areas probably have average rates around 1K.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:52 AM

937 posts, read 698,670 times
McKinney Pkwy. is one of the premier streets in S. Bflo. Rents should be lower in S. Bflo than north depending on the exact area, I would say closer to $700-$800

Take a look here, thou I'm not sure how up to date the info is;
City of Buffalo - Neighborhoods - Map Collection - University at Buffalo Libraries

There usually isn't that much of a difference between snowfalls between the north and the northern half of the south side.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,809,362 times
Zip 14220 is South Buffalo.

You are looking for where Indians are. If you are thinking Indians from India, not Native Americans, the neighborhoods are in the northern suburbs, like the town of Amherst. You will also find many Indian stores and restaurants in that area.

One thing about Buffalo that so many new residents do not understand is that we have virtually no big traffic issues. You can commute easily from a northern suburb to South Buffalo (14220) driving on the highways in a reasonably short time.

One thing about the city of Buffalo: your son is 5 and will be in school. The school may not be anywhere near your home, because it is not the neighborhood school, it is assigned. There is busing for most kids.....

A good place to start with searching for a neighborhood where you want to be with people of your ethnic background or faith? Call the local church/religious institution. Even if you won't be going there, they will have info on where members live.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:45 AM

93,164 posts, read 123,754,884 times
Quote:
Hello,

If you look at this list, in terms of school districts, the Williamsville SD area is the best bet in the area in terms of that measurement: New York Indian Population Percentage School District Rank Based on ACS 2010-2014 data

It appears that the East Amherst part of the district area has a higher percentage of Indian residents. Census Tract 009007 in Erie County, New York
Census Tract 009007 in Erie County, New York Population and Races

Pretty much look into Amherst due to the college presence in the town(UB and Daemen), as such areas tend to have a higher percentage of Indian residents in relation to the area. This pretty much goes for other areas in Upstate NY as well and mention this due to a lot of posters on here seem to be Indian/South Asian.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:13 PM

937 posts, read 698,670 times
Quote:
It appears that the East Amherst part of the district area has a higher percentage of Indian residents.
If he can afford to live there and it's not a pedestrian friendly area.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
If he can afford to live there and it's not a pedestrian friendly area.
There's the village of Williamsville within the same area and is walkable.

Within the city, just SW of UB's South Campus and west of Main Street could be a possible option. Census Tract 004601 in Erie County, New York

About 13% of the residents in the census tract are Indian.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
There's the village of Williamsville within the same area and is walkable.

Within the city, just SW of UB's South Campus and west of Main Street could be a possible option. Census Tract 004601 in Erie County, New York

About 13% of the residents in the census tract are Indian.
Perhaps parts of this census tract in Eggertsville also near UB's South Campus may work, as Indians make up about 8% of the tract's population: Census Tract 009301 in Erie County, New York
Census Tract 009301 in Erie County, New York Population and Races

Old 07-10-2017, 08:59 PM

5 posts, read 3,851 times
Hi Everone.

Thank you for your suggestions and response.

I was checking for apartments in Cheektowaga.Can you let me know if this would be a good stay for stay in?

It was also looking to be around 9 miles from my workplace.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
Chitradeep

Old 07-11-2017, 04:34 AM

821 posts, read 759,768 times
Quote:
Hi Everone.

Thank you for your suggestions and response.

I was checking for apartments in Cheektowaga.Can you let me know if this would be a good stay for stay in?

It was also looking to be around 9 miles from my workplace.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards
Chitradeep
Which part of Cheektowaga? It is generally pretty safe exceot for near the border with Buffalo. It is in a very central location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area