Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:50 AM

6,391 posts, read 4,896,864 times

Advertisements

Chick-fil-A fans have waited a long time for a restaurant of their own in the Buffalo area. They'll have to wait just a little longer.

The opening of the first Chick-fil-A in Western New York, originally slated for this fall, has been pushed back to winter, the company said. The company doesn't have a target month nailed down yet, but it said it could open at the end of this year or in early 2019.

The chicken chain declined to say why things were off to a slower start than expected, and the Town of Cheektowaga didn't know either.

"I am not quite sure what caused the delay, but our office approved the plans months ago and we are waiting on minor items to formally issue the permit," said Mark Bielefeld, the town's assistant code enforcement officer and the person managing the project for the town.

Bielefeld said the project is "very close" to getting started; he's just waiting for contractor information. Once he receives it, he will issue the permit for work to begin.

The town is still waiting for insurance, a contractor of record to be identified, a master plumber to be identified and a pre-construction meeting.

Chick-fil-A's developer has not yet requested a start date for work to begin on the site.

Cheektowaga Town Supervisor Diane Benczkowski said she had a "very optimistic discussion" with Chick-fil-A on Thursday about breaking ground, which the chain had hoped to do next week.

"They are very willing to work with the town, and I am hoping that we can get the groundbreaking done as soon as possible for them," she said.

Chick-fil-A will be built on the site of a former Famous Dave's restaurant at 1753 Walden Ave. The vacant restaurant was torn down almost immediately after Chick-fil-A confirmed in January that it would open at that location. There is no activity at the site now, just gravel where the restaurant used to be.

The land is owned by Morgan Cheektowaga LLC, a limited liability company connected to Rochester developer and landlord Robert Morgan. Two executives of Morgan's companies were indicted Tuesday on charges of wire and bank fraud involving unrelated apartment complexes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 08:39 AM

5,678 posts, read 4,081,937 times
The nearest Chick-fil-A directions:
take the 90 east
to 490 east
to 390 North to 104 west
it's on the right
watch for traffic jams

Old 05-26-2018, 09:37 AM

I don't know what the big deal is. Here are the ingredients in their chicken sandwich:

INGREDIENTS
Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast filet, seasoning [salt, monosodium glutamate, sugar, spices, paprika], seasoned coater [enriched bleached wheat flour {with malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid}, sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, nonfat milk, leavening {baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate}, spice, soybean oil, color {paprika}], milk wash [water, nonfat milk, egg], peanut oil [fully refined peanut oil, with Dimethylpolysiloxane, an anti-foam agent added]), bun (enriched wheat flour [wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], water, sugar, yeast, soybean oil, wheat gluten, contains 2% or less of salt, cultured wheat flour, vinegar, calcium sulfate, monoglycerides, DATEM, calcium propionate, ascorbic/citric acid, enzymes, soy lecithin, potassium iodate), bun oil (soybean oil, palm kernel oil, soy lecithin, natural flavor, beta carotene), pickle (cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1).

ALLERGENS
This item contains dairy, wheat, soy, egg.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:19 PM

93,192 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
The nearest Chick-fil-A directions:
take the 90 east
to 490 east
to 390 North to 104 west
it's on the right
watch for traffic jams
Same with the one in Cicero north of Syracuse for the first few months.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:06 PM

Its nothing, just a chicken sandwich. We have one nearby and I haven't been even though they sent me a coupon for a free sandwich. Now that I see they have MSG I will never go since I am deathly allergic to it.

A petition to remove MSG from the food:

"MSG is a flavor enhancer that tricks your tongue into thinking that a certain food is high in protein and therefore nutritious. It stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin when there may not even be carbohydrates in the food you are eating for that insulin to act upon. The body also changes excess glutamate to GABA, which may be addictive. MSG can be produced using several methods, one of which is to create it chemically. The FDA currently does not require food suppliers to disclose which of these methods was used for the MSG they use in their foods, nor is it likely that many food establishments know for themselves.

MSG is a nervous system stimulant that, despite approval from the FDA, is directly linked to obesity and diabetes. It has also been proven to negatively affect children and adults with asthma, allergies, food intolerances, digestive issues, migraines, hypertension, and depression. In fact, glutamate blockers are now being used to treat a host of diseases from Alzheimer's to Multiple Sclerosis.

The seasoning used in all of Chick-fil-A's fried chicken is the second ingredient. Of the five ingredients in the seasoning, MSG is listed second (after salt). This means there is more MSG in the seasoning than there is sugar, spices, and paprika.

On Chick-fil-A's website, they claim the "secret" to why their food tastes so good is "fresh ingredients." While this may be true for their fruits and vegetables and tea (which uses real tea leaves, not a mix), it is definitely NOT true for that which is the essence of Chick-fil-A: the chicken.

While MSG is widely used in restaurants across the world, it is not widely KNOWN to their consumers. And while there are two bigger offenders of using MSG in front of Chick-Fil-A (KFC and Burger King), this petition is focused on Chick-fil-A for one simple reason. Not many people associate these other establishments as being healthier fast-food options. However, many people who do not eat at regular fast food restaurants DO eat at Chick-fil-A because of their "100% Natural" whole breast meat chicken.

The goal of this petition is not only to request Chick-fil-A to make changes to their seasoning, but to bring about awareness to those of us who have frequented and fell in love with this "healthier" alternative to typical fast food. Join us!"

Old 05-26-2018, 07:05 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Went there three weeks ago and the parking was full and the line was almost out the door. Amazing

Old 05-26-2018, 07:44 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,327 times
These things are on every corner of the south. It's no big deal. The thing about chick-fil-A is they only hire friendly people, and their staff uses southern greetings such as "my pleasure".

I don't eat that type of food, but my wife brought me a grilled chicken wrap with cool ranch dressing and it was fine.

The fried chicken sandwich is what most people get.

Instead of waiting in line, just go to Mcdonalds, and get a southern chicken sandwich and you are getting a very similar taste to a Chick Fil A sandwich.

How is the Sonic doing that opened in Cheektowaga a few years back? Down here the Sonic's are on every corner and they are mostly dumpy with terrible employees. I wouldn't get anything there except an unsweet iced tea, the food is not good.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:53 PM

Had them in California, South Carolina and jersey. Amazing business

Old 05-27-2018, 07:03 AM

With Robert Morgan owner the property who is trouble. I bet this project won’t be happening anytime soon.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:52 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Chic fil a is awesome. Best fast food place hands down.

Only in WNY would something as simple as a fast food place take so long to get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area