Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:13 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times

Advertisements

Buffalo has been on a long slow comeback, what would you do if you were the Mayor?

Last edited by Thundarr457; 09-03-2018 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 05:29 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,095,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Buffalo has been on a long slow comeback, what would you do if you were the Mayor?
I think the sewage system should be upgraded so it doesn't overflow into the lake when it rains.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:38 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
Paving City streets

Old 09-04-2018, 12:23 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
Secede from NY state
Lower taxes
Decrease government regulations
Make the city more business friendly
Clean up bad neighborhoods and gangs
Stop making political hack crony appointments
Eliminate/reduce corruption, waste and abuse
That's a start

Old 09-04-2018, 05:23 PM

5,699 posts, read 4,095,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Secede from NY state
Lower taxes
Decrease government regulations
Make the city more business friendly
Clean up bad neighborhoods and gangs
Stop making political hack crony appointments
Eliminate/reduce corruption, waste and abuse
That's a start

While I don't disagree with your Ideas, keep in mind you would also lose the $6.5 billion that Andrew Cuomo has infused into Buffalo in the last couple of years

Old 09-04-2018, 05:50 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times
Lower school taxes, never gonna happen when teachers are a making ton along with administrators

Old 09-04-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
While I don't disagree with your Ideas, keep in mind you would also lose the $6.5 billion that Andrew Cuomo has infused into Buffalo in the last couple of years
The buffalo billions is a scam of epic proportion to his political cronnies at our expense.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Lower school taxes, never gonna happen when teachers are a making ton along with administrators
How else are they going to get their boob jobs if they don't have too of the line benefits??

Old 10-10-2018, 09:23 AM

15 posts, read 9,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I'd follow Pittsburgh's moves. I'd move the Bills Stadium downtown or on the waterfront. I'd build highrise condos all along the waterfront with private parks in front of the buildings.

I'd try to sell the old malls to small, growing companies. Similar to what the Como Mall did when it became the Appletree Corporate Center. I have no idea what it is called now as I moved away from Buffalo to advance my career. Or I'd turn them into senior housing.

I'd improve the inner city schools. I'd start community HOA's so that people would be forced to clean up their area and the landlords would be forced to make the housing safe for habitation. I'd build an underground walkway or a highrise walkway between some of the government buildings like they have in Toronto.

I'd entice tech schools to open all over so that it attracts new blood to Buffalo. Most students who go to UB are not from the area, hardly anyone stays.

I'd force the sale of large empty buildings so they could be either used or torn down. Tons of those ugly empty buildings are owned by billionaires who have never even been in Buffalo. Buffalo is one of the most corrupt cities in the country. It's one of the reasons I left, along with a quadruple rise in pay to an area that was new, clean and cheap. I moved to Phoenix, AZ. Now I live elsewhere, and the only thing I miss about Buffalo is what's left of my family.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:27 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I will say Buffalo has an image problem.

Here in Pittsburgh I've recently begun seeing new television commercials advertising tourism in Buffalo, and the advertisements are extremely well-done. It's because of this forum that I decided to visit Buffalo for vacation in Fall 2016. It was a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to return.

Buffalonians are your own worst enemy. With so many decrying how much Buffalo sucks it was hard for me to make the lucid decision to vacation in Buffalo. I'm glad I did.

Your urban core is fantastic. It truly is. Downtown Buffalo was extremely underwhelming, especially compared to Pittsburgh; however, we also walked all over Allentown and Elmwood Village and absolutely fell in love.

Buffalo really needs to work on boosting itself instead of shooting itself in the foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area