Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 03:41 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,264,181 times

Advertisements

Cuomo unbelievable. I got two years and so done living here. 2020 is gonna be a wipeout. Nothing but a political BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 06:39 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,178 times
I’m sure he got very... umm... “excited” when he announced that yesterday, if you know what I mean.

Old 04-10-2020, 11:47 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
What do you mean, no boating? Being out on the middle of a lake is about the best "social distancing" you can do. Sounds like the dipchit in Albany is trying to make things as punative and painful on residents as possible.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:51 AM

3,576 posts, read 3,078,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What do you mean, no boating? Being out on the middle of a lake is about the best "social distancing" you can do. Sounds like the dipchit in Albany is trying to make things as punative and painful on residents as possible.
If anyone has a dock then they can still go for it. If they have access to a private boat ramp then they can still go for it. If people are expecting public employees to risk their own health to get out there and manage lines of cars and people on public ramps or lines of out-of-state golfers just so someone can exercise their privileged lifestyle during a pandemic then your priorities are really f-d up.

And it was 32 degrees here this morning, it snowed 2 days ago - it is not even relevant in this area anyway. And these restrictions are currently only in effect until 4/29 as-is.

FYI there have been more deaths and more confirmed cases just in Erie County than in your entire state of Idaho - so in my opinion, with all due respect, keep your privileged isolated nose out of our business.

Old 04-11-2020, 01:31 PM

574 posts, read 382,791 times
There have been people fishing on boats on the river in the last week (I can’t speak for the last couple days). You could see them while driving the 190 near the entrance to the Scajaquada. People have been boating at least before the ban, so to suggest that it “isn’t relevant” is incorrect.

Old 04-11-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingmagpie View Post
There have been people fishing on boats on the river in the last week (I can’t speak for the last couple days). You could see them while driving the 190 near the entrance to the Scajaquada. People have been boating at least before the ban, so to suggest that it “isn’t relevant” is incorrect.
Thanks for picking at the nits.

Aside from a few dedicated fishermen, I don't see it very relevant to the other 99% of WNY boaters this time of year. I also don't see where it is relevant to someone in Idaho.

In late May and June when it get's warmer, we'll see if the state agrees to allow the marinas to open, and how crowded it gets. Right now it affects very very few.

Lets just get past the next few weeks first, and keep as many people in non-essential jobs from socializing, and crowds to keep from forming.

Last edited by RocketSci; 04-11-2020 at 03:01 PM..

Old 04-11-2020, 07:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
If anyone has a dock then they can still go for it. If they have access to a private boat ramp then they can still go for it. If people are expecting public employees to risk their own health to get out there and manage lines of cars and people on public ramps or lines of out-of-state golfers just so someone can exercise their privileged lifestyle during a pandemic then your priorities are really f-d up.

And it was 32 degrees here this morning, it snowed 2 days ago - it is not even relevant in this area anyway. And these restrictions are currently only in effect until 4/29 as-is.

FYI there have been more deaths and more confirmed cases just in Erie County than in your entire state of Idaho - so in my opinion, with all due respect, keep your privileged isolated nose out of our business.
I was born and raised in WNY (Lockport/Gasport specifically). Still follow what's going on in the area. And yes, Cuomo Jr. seems as useless and pathetic as Daddy was. I left the state about the time Daddy left office.

I did go look, sorry to see how high the numbers were in WNY. I was under the impression that it was mostly the NYC area getting hit so hard.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 04-11-2020 at 07:55 PM..

Old 04-11-2020, 08:20 PM

6,419 posts, read 4,913,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
No reason to take that nasty tone.

Old 04-11-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I was born and raised in WNY (Lockport/Gasport specifically). Still follow what's going on in the area. And yes, Cuomo Jr. seems as useless and pathetic as Daddy was. I left the state about the time Daddy left office.

I did go look, sorry to see how high the numbers were in WNY. I was under the impression that it was mostly the NYC area getting hit so hard.
Putting the interest of the state ahead of politics, Cuomo at this point is viewed very favorably by most people in NY State (up to 90% in some polls) for his handling of the difficult virus situation, for standing up for the state against a disinterested and sometimes hostile federal response, and for his clear and compassionate messages and communication to the public. He has demonstrated in this crisis what real leadership is, or at least how most of its citizens view it.

What is useless and pathetic are attitudes that place politics over the interest and well-being of all of its citizens.

Last edited by RocketSci; 04-11-2020 at 09:07 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 12:38 PM

1,886 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
No reason to take that nasty tone.
Typical of their ilk.

We're dropping in at the Rosewood boat launch this coming weekend in Columbia, SC. Gonna cruise down to the coast for a relaxing weekend, away from all the people freaked out over a stupid virus.

Still the off-season down there, so we'll be renting a 3 BR AirBnB on Folly. Taking all of our food and whatnor with us.

I wish people in NY luck with their dictator in the big chair in Albany, they're gonna need it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area