Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Because it's true. We like our community atmosphere and would'nt leave it for anything - not even a high paying job someplace else that is 4 times the amount we currently make. This resembles true WNYers and Upstaters.

Now, that is just sad. The reason people from Buffalo and Western NY never leave is because they truely believe no where is better. Either because they have never been anywhere else or it is a desperate attempt at denial of the awful winters and the cloudy day abyss of this region (80% of the year is made up of cloudy days >> scroll to average climate graphs >> [URL]http://www.city-data.com/city/Orchard-Park-New-York.html[/URL]. ) And that is the people here demonstrating their ignorance. All the smart people have left. And anyone that hasn't left, but really wants to is just broke or scared and very bitter, haha. I live in Orchard Park, NY. I have never met so many ignorant people in my life. I have had to live here because I moved here when my father got a job here. Now that I've graduated highschool, I am promptly leaving. Downtown Buffalo has its shining moments, but the surrounding suburbs are just depressing. I will not miss the racism, sexism, Bills zubas pants, or the mullets.

The people are cold and indifferent just like the weather. That is atleast my experience.

Old 11-05-2008, 05:56 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberamulier View Post
Now, that is just sad. The reason people from Buffalo and Western NY never leave is because they truely believe no where is better. Either because they have never been anywhere else or it is a desperate attempt at denial of the awful winters and the cloudy day abyss of this region (80% of the year is made up of cloudy days >> scroll to average climate graphs >> http://www.city-data.com/city/Orchar...-New-York.html. ) And that is the people here demonstrating their ignorance. All the smart people have left. And anyone that hasn't left, but really wants to is just broke or scared and very bitter, haha. I live in Orchard Park, NY. I have never met so many ignorant people in my life. I have had to live here because I moved here when my father got a job here. Now that I've graduated highschool, I am promptly leaving. Downtown Buffalo has its shining moments, but the surrounding suburbs are just depressing. I will not miss the racism, sexism, Bills zubas pants, or the mullets.

The people are cold and indifferent just like the weather. That is atleast my experience.
gasp.

You do make some good points. I was exaggerating my fact of the pay. But, I love it here so much and will never let B-lo down until the day I die...so - .

Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 PM

137 posts, read 316,141 times
Quote:
Now, that is just sad. The reason people from Buffalo and Western NY never leave is because they truely believe no where is better. Either because they have never been anywhere else or it is a desperate attempt at denial of the awful winters and the cloudy day abyss of this region (80% of the year is made up of cloudy days >> scroll to average climate graphs >> http://www.city-data.com/city/Orchar...-New-York.html. ) And that is the people here demonstrating their ignorance. All the smart people have left. And anyone that hasn't left, but really wants to is just broke or scared and very bitter, haha. I live in Orchard Park, NY. I have never met so many ignorant people in my life. I have had to live here because I moved here when my father got a job here. Now that I've graduated highschool, I am promptly leaving. Downtown Buffalo has its shining moments, but the surrounding suburbs are just depressing. I will not miss the racism, sexism, Bills zubas pants, or the mullets.

Are you kidding me? All the "smart" people have left? I am glad the 18 year old that has so much life experience can say that. I have been in the Marine Corps for 5 years, lived in 4 different states, have traveled to every state on the east coast and several on the southeast. I have been to 13 different countries. I have been poor and I have lived comfortable. No matter where you go you are going to find people who are racist, sexist and have mullets. But wait... isn't Buffalo the city of Good Neighbors... yeah I think so. What is "awful" about the winters? Oh my god we get snow! At least in Buffalo the equipment is there to salt and clear the roads. Ever been somewhere that didn't? I have and that is "awful." You have no idea what Buffalo has to offer compaired to a lot of other cities. I am by know means saying it is the best city in the world, but what everyone complains about is a bunch of BS.

The NATIONS economy is going down hill, not just Buffalo everyone
There is racism everywhere.
There is sexism everywhere.
There is sadly mullets everywhere.

But do you know what isn't everywhere.

Culture, art, beautiful parks, great LOCAL resturants, 2 major professional teams, another country 10 minutes away, history and a lot more things.

But like I have said before, I am glad people like you are leaving. It makes Buffalo that much nicer.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFromBuffalo View Post
Are you kidding me? All the "smart" people have left? I am glad the 18 year old that has so much life experience can say that. I have been in the Marine Corps for 5 years, lived in 4 different states, have traveled to every state on the east coast and several on the southeast. I have been to 13 different countries. I have been poor and I have lived comfortable. No matter where you go you are going to find people who are racist, sexist and have mullets. But wait... isn't Buffalo the city of Good Neighbors... yeah I think so. What is "awful" about the winters? Oh my god we get snow! At least in Buffalo the equipment is there to salt and clear the roads. Ever been somewhere that didn't? I have and that is "awful." You have no idea what Buffalo has to offer compaired to a lot of other cities. I am by know means saying it is the best city in the world, but what everyone complains about is a bunch of BS.

The NATIONS economy is going down hill, not just Buffalo everyone
There is racism everywhere.
There is sexism everywhere.
There is sadly mullets everywhere.

But do you know what isn't everywhere.

Culture, art, beautiful parks, great LOCAL resturants, 2 major professional teams, another country 10 minutes away, history and a lot more things.

But like I have said before, I am glad people like you are leaving. It makes Buffalo that much nicer.
LOVE your post! I am saving your comment for others that feel the same way. Thank you for clarifying what other people seem to misunderstand!!!

Let's Go Buffalo!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:07 PM

Not a problem, I think I love Buffalo more then you... maybe because I have missed it for so long.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineFromBuffalo View Post
Not a problem, I think I love Buffalo more then you... maybe because I have missed it for so long.
Perhaps, but I can assure you that there is no possible way to have another ounce of love for this city that I currently do not attain. It is absolutely indescribable the passion I have for this area. Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo - that's all I really think about throughout every day. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes because I have moments when I just want to do anything Buffalo related and help this city but don't really know how - I know someday soon We the people of Buffalo will step up and make a difference that is incomparable with any other person, company, or group. I am constantly looking and thinking for more ideas for Buffalo to revive itself even more than it is right now. Any extra time I get I am either on numerous Buffalo websites/researching Buffalo, or taking pictures of the city I so dearly love. Lol, perhaps you feel the same way?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Perhaps, but I can assure you that there is no possible way to have another ounce of love for this city that I currently do not attain. It is absolutely indescribable the passion I have for this area. Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo - that's all I really think about throughout every day. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes because I have moments when I just want to do anything Buffalo related and help this city but don't really know how - I know someday soon We the people of Buffalo will step up and make a difference that is incomparable with any other person, company, or group. I am constantly looking and thinking for more ideas for Buffalo to revive itself even more than it is right now. Any extra time I get I am either on numerous Buffalo websites/researching Buffalo, or taking pictures of the city I so dearly love. Lol, perhaps you feel the same way?
The way most people can help is just voicing their opinion. I always have ideas to make Buffalo better, but I am greedy and I don't want anyone to steal my ideas

Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,479 times
As a visitor to Buffalo and having been even more places than Marine I can tell you the 3 things that Buffalo has going for it that makes it special #1 far exceeds the rest.

1. Great old buildings everywhere- not many new ones to muck it up. Stop tearing down your heritage Buffalo! (see my post about the article I submitted to the Buffalo News

2. Cheap homes and buildings- nice looking and great bargains.

3. Low traffic in fact Buffalo and Corpus Christi and the two most drivable cites in the US.

Worst thing Absurdly high real estate taxes combined with a foolish and stubborn Office of Taxation and Assessment. Just when someone is about ready to move there and buy a property - and they check with that office - they get cold feet - It happened to me- RE taxes about 5 times what a similar valued property here in Texas would cost.

Forget worrying about jobs etc Cure the tax situation and jobs will come - don't do anything and you'll get what you got for the last 50 years DECLINE! Its really that simple!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM

60 posts, read 177,173 times
Quote:

I would have to say that your comments fit the profile of the type of person you are ragging on...you seem to fit right in here then!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:59 PM

I see liberamulier doesnt have anything else to say. I am sorry I just don't understand why people post negative comments about Buffalo. If you don't like it keep it to yourself.
I noticed a lot of the negative people who post on here always ask why those of us who love Buffalo never talk about the bad things....

To all of you who asked that, when you are going on a 1st date do you tell that person about all your flaws? Or maybe your meeting your girlfriends family for the 1st time to you tell her dad about all the pre-marital relations you have been having?

No, and do you know why? Because if you like/love something that much you want to shine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area