U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Bills Stay or Leave?
Stay 47 79.66%
Leave 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:11 PM

966 posts, read 3,306,292 times

Advertisements

It's not an easy question to answer with its long history. But I'd like to hear the pros and cons of having an NFL team in Buffalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 09:23 PM

259 posts, read 733,363 times
The Bills are one of the few remaining things that say.."Buffalo is a Big League city".

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,539,354 times
It would break my heart if the Bills left. I would move away from Buffalo...(probably to Clarence lol). But man that would be the worst thing this town would ever see, and there goes our metropolis down the drain should they leave.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:18 PM

253 posts, read 1,120,351 times
I think it would hurt civic pride pretty badly and also it would kind of take Buffalo out of the national light - in that everyone hears the name of the city when they follow the NFL... But in the big picture I wonder how much that really matters? People in other cities are fans of other teams and think every other team's cities are dumps no matter what LOL

I definitely hope it doesn't happen... I guess the only upside is having an NFL team is a huge cost that would be lifted (not that I think that would improve things anyway)

They arn't watching their team play against the bills and thinking gee I wanna move there, or start a business there, or whatever....

Or here a different way of looking at it.. if Detroit lost the Lions.. does it help Detroit or hurt Detroit? Does anyone outside of Detroit care? Does it change their image.. Not much , IMO. Do you really think Lions fans that live there are only staying (if they truly desired to leave) because the teams there? If they wanted to leave they could and follow their team from elsewhere (as most people do anyway, for any team)

It would hurt the pride of the people that live there, and thats about it. Same goes for the Bills and Buffalo.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 PM

225 posts, read 588,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockwalliper View Post
The Bills are one of the few remaining things that say.."Buffalo is a Big League city".
Agree 100%

Old 08-07-2008, 09:00 PM

If only Buffalo could get a major league baseball team

Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,277,129 times
if it all possible they should stay.....................

Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
if it all possible they should stay.....................
Indeed............................

Old 08-07-2008, 10:53 PM

260 posts, read 830,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Indeed............................
Since I am tired I will keep this short...

I will say if your are not from WNY you have no right to vote and obviously there have been people that voted against it. Those who voted against... Your an IDIOT.

The Bills unify WNY. They are our pride, our passion and our IDENTITY. They are the heart and soul of WNY. They bring Buffalo and Rochester together. They move and who will nationally recognize Buffalo and WNY? We would be NY and who the hell wants to be that. If your from WNY, we are not New Yorkers, we are Western New Yorkers and we are damn proud people.

The BILLS must stay. This thread should actually be in the LA thread beacuse if your from WNY this is no question.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester-WNY View Post
Since I am tired I will keep this short...

I will say if your are not from WNY you have no right to vote and obviously there have been people that voted against it. Those who voted against... Your an IDIOT.

The Bills unify WNY. They are our pride, our passion and our IDENTITY. They are the heart and soul of WNY. They bring Buffalo and Rochester together. They move and who will nationally recognize Buffalo and WNY? We would be NY and who the hell wants to be that. If your from WNY, we are not New Yorkers, we are Western New Yorkers and we are damn proud people.

The BILLS must stay. This thread should actually be in the LA thread beacuse if your from WNY this is no question.
EXACTLY. Thank you fo this very true post - finally - someone who gets it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area