Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 09:12 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,811,481 times

Advertisements

You might also consider north of the AFB, like up into Lewiston area and the towns by it ( depends on how suburban you want to be). The area by the AFB is close to big Factory Outlet Malls -- it it on the far edge of the city; actually in Wheatfield, I beleive, not Niagara Falls. Might be a NF zip; I have friends who built in Wheatfield about 4 miles from the area and are NF zip. Pendleton is another option. So is N. Tonawanda.The city of NF is pretty bad.

Here is a map of the area.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.285645&z=11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,216,798 times
I can't think of too many apartments in Wheatfield. It is mostly new build homes in that area.

You don't want to live in Niagara Falls, certain areas of the LaSalle area are decent, but Niagara Falls isn't a place I would live in.

There may be some apartments in some of the newer areas of North Tonawanda that would be nice, safe..

Old 10-12-2008, 09:32 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,904,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
My advice is don't move to Niagara Falls. It is an arm pit. Who ever told you Allentown, is misleading you. It is a neighborhood in the city of Buffalo, it is wrought with bums, beggars and theives. It is great for nightlife and the artsy, bohemian crowd. The Elmwood village is the place for the young single adults. Diverse, walking commerce, resturants, nightlife and great housing. (20 minute drive to the base)
elmwood village is over priced right now for what you get...plus in som area that might include college kids puking on your lawn on Friday nights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area