Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 PM

137 posts, read 315,052 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,
Does anyone know where I can find pictures of the remodel they did to Hutch Tech? I graduated from there and I heard it looks amazing. I have looked with no success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 02:49 PM

92,326 posts, read 122,573,532 times
Try here:Buffalo Rising | Hutch Tech Walk-Through

Old 10-22-2008, 08:30 AM

450 posts, read 1,056,361 times
You mean they didn't tear it down? Wished they had!!!!- Student from 1964-1968-- BAD memories!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
You mean they didn't tear it down? Wished they had!!!!- Student from 1964-1968-- BAD memories!!!
Tough time in general though.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,869 times
I personally hate the new building, they took the personality away from it and turned it into a building that can be used as just a school (instead of a vocational school). no school colors anywhere, no mechanical labs, nothing. turned it into a "below average" suburb school.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:45 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,779,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmkaz View Post
I personally hate the new building, they took the personality away from it and turned it into a building that can be used as just a school (instead of a vocational school). no school colors anywhere, no mechanical labs, nothing. turned it into a "below average" suburb school.
Buffalo destroyed ALL the Voc Ed schools. Somewhere, someone stuck it into the itty bitty brains of the school baord that voc ed was a bad thing.... Emerson's food program is left and McKinley exists, but the rest of the Voc Ed -- once the top in the nation and the gems of the city schools ( we are talking from 1930s to early 1960s here, kids) -- well, give it another 10 years and for lack of foresight, we will be just like down south or out west: no people to do cars, electrical, phone, or plumbing or any other good paying blue collar job.

Blame it on the Board of Ed. It has been going on for years.

(My husband went to a Buffalo Voc Ed HS!!!)

Old 10-27-2008, 08:28 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,195,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyer View Post
You mean they didn't tear it down?
I hear its renovations were so much that the school is no longer in the letter "H".

Old 10-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Buffalo destroyed ALL the Voc Ed schools. Somewhere, someone stuck it into the itty bitty brains of the school baord that voc ed was a bad thing.... Emerson's food program is left and McKinley exists, but the rest of the Voc Ed -- once the top in the nation and the gems of the city schools ( we are talking from 1930s to early 1960s here, kids) -- well, give it another 10 years and for lack of foresight, we will be just like down south or out west: no people to do cars, electrical, phone, or plumbing or any other good paying blue collar job.

Blame it on the Board of Ed. It has been going on for years.

(My husband went to a Buffalo Voc Ed HS!!!)
What about Seneca(Voc-Tech), Burgard(Voc-Tech) and the Riverside Institute of Technology?

Old 10-27-2008, 09:25 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,779,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
What about Seneca(Voc-Tech), Burgard(Voc-Tech) and the Riverside Institute of Technology?
Seneca is going to be a grade school.
They want Burgard for the Service Center ( it has a ramp going up and down the 5 floors which was for the auto program.) Hasn't occurred yet.
Riverside "Ins. of Tech" is, I believe, computers. That is not Voc. Ed. to anyone with a Voc. Ed background. It is basically academic.

My hubby is a proud Seneca Alumni.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 PM

450 posts, read 1,056,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I remember foundry class at Hutch Tech in the middle 60's---we made a horse shoe or some other useless trinket. Even back then computers were beginning to make inroads into business and manufacturing. How relevant was that? As fas as the lessons of life, I learned more cutting class and sitting in the diner across Chippewa St. No, not Deweys, that's where the teachers always checked, but the little one in the basement of the Roanoke Hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area