Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 03:43 PM

969 posts, read 2,072,564 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any Buffalo style recipes? In the winter, I make Buffalo Chicken Soup many times, my all time favorite soup. There are a lot of variations to how it's made, but basically you add Frank's or Anchor Bar type hot sauce to chicken broth, chicken, onions, peppers, garlic, celery, etc. and for thickener you can use flour, cheese, or sour cream (my preference, Bison).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 09:12 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,254 times
Default crock pot buffalo chicken wing dip

Ingredients
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (philly NOT low fat)
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 cup frank's hot sauce
1 cup ranch salad dressing
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1 cup sour cream (NOT LOW FAT)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (NOT FAT FREE)
3-4 stalks of chopped celery (add to dip or serve on the side) or nacho chips work well as well

Directions
1) Combine all ingredients into crock pot.
2) Reserve some cheddar cheese for the top.
3) Cook on low for 2 hours.
4) Just before serving, add the reserved cheese to the top and allow to melt.

ppl LOVE THIS DIP!!!!

makes 12 servings
calories per serving - 516
carbs per serving - 5.1

no trans fat either

if anyone makes this, let me know how it turns out, mine was great!!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 PM

922 posts, read 3,860,899 times
We have been serving this dip for two years to our friends in Brooklyn and everybody loves it!

The only difference is that we shred the chicken rather than dicing it. Boiling works well for cooking the chicken because it retains moisture and keeps the dip a manageable consistency. After combining the ingredients we just bake it in the oven -- but the crock pot variation sounds like it might be a good way to enhance the flavor.

Old 01-04-2009, 02:10 PM

969 posts, read 2,072,564 times
I've had that dip many times, mostly at Bills games, and yeah, people really go gaga over it. I've only had it with ranch, I like the idea of using both ranch and bleu cheese. I once had a big plate of that dip for dinner (leftover from a game) and that was one of the few times I've had heartburn.

CA, really like your pro-fat emphasis. Fat gets an unfair bad rap, fat is where it's at.

Another option for the chicken in this dip is to use one of those pre-cooked roaster chickens from Wegmans (pretty cheap too and saves time) and just rip off the chicken. You get much better bone-cooked chicken and you get dark and fatty pieces and skin.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,856,254 times
you can boil the chicken in water with some franks hot sauce in it as well - yummy....

Old 01-04-2009, 07:39 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,347,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
Ingredients
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (philly NOT low fat)
3-4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 cup frank's hot sauce
1 cup ranch salad dressing
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1 cup sour cream (NOT LOW FAT)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (NOT FAT FREE)
3-4 stalks of chopped celery (add to dip or serve on the side) or nacho chips work well as well

Directions
1) Combine all ingredients into crock pot.
2) Reserve some cheddar cheese for the top.
3) Cook on low for 2 hours.
4) Just before serving, add the reserved cheese to the top and allow to melt.

ppl LOVE THIS DIP!!!!

makes 12 servings
calories per serving - 516
carbs per serving - 5.1

no trans fat either

if anyone makes this, let me know how it turns out, mine was great!!
Mmmm, we've tried this and it is indeed outstanding. A new Thanksgiving tradition when we break out the snacks!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:57 PM

137 posts, read 316,141 times
All of you are killing me! I can't make that in Africa That sounds sooo good but I am stuck here eating chow hall food (if you have never had it, keep it that way)

Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM

29 posts, read 66,681 times
Instead of getting into the whole homemade idea, I'll just offer some advice for getting the best chicken wings in Buffalo. Either the Anchor Bar on main street near Downtown Buffalo or in Tonawanda/Amherst... Duffs on Sheridan Drive. I actually prefer Duffs but to each their own.

P.S- That chicken wing dip which we make, instead of using real chicken, we used shredded chicken by Swanson. It's prob not as good as cooking it yourself but still an awesome appetizer for gameday.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:49 PM

414 posts, read 1,505,185 times
My wife and I started having 'soup parties' twice a year in the fall and winter. Everyone brings a different soup and everyone just digs in. We vote for the best soup at the end and they win a door prize. Its a lot of fun and you get to sample great soups in the process. I'm making soup tonight
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area