Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:39 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,328,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwynn View Post
Happy Birthday!!

Hey, some of these shots are right around the block from me. Yay!
Awesome! I'll have to get out that way again for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 04:42 PM

3,961 posts, read 5,702,373 times
Really great photos! I always liked the bright lights of the city every time I visit. Wow, even a Chinese restaurant. I always wondered why Buffalo does not have a significant Chinese population or at least enough to support a chinatown while nearby Toronto's population is at least a tenth Chinese.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Really great photos! I always liked the bright lights of the city every time I visit. Wow, even a Chinese restaurant. I always wondered why Buffalo does not have a significant Chinese population or at least enough to support a chinatown while nearby Toronto's population is at least a tenth Chinese.
True, on the Elmwood Ave. Strip there is quite a bit of Chinese, Greek, Itailian, etc restaurants that are in an ethnic mix. We're more of a Polish, Itailian, Irish, ethnic, type town that has varities of pretty much everything!

Maybe not everything...

Old 02-06-2009, 06:29 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,205,092 times
Great pics!

Hope you had a great day Cheers.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:45 AM

784 posts, read 2,257,578 times
Happy Belated B-day Buffalonian4life. Great pictures of Buffalo and I love Pano's too. It is my favorite restaurant in Buffalo. Great food, great atmosphere and great price. The new remodeled Pano's looks great.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 PM

893 posts, read 2,851,409 times
Buffalo looks nice. I don't know why everyone thinks snowy cities don't have vibrancy. I guess nobody heard of Montreal (my fav canadian city)

Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Happy Belated B-day Buffalonian4life. Great pictures of Buffalo and I love Pano's too. It is my favorite restaurant in Buffalo. Great food, great atmosphere and great price. The new remodeled Pano's looks great.
Agreed - my favorite in Buffalo by far - especially with their new addition. What an awesome experience to dine at. Thank you for the birthday wishes (I'm a twin so I met up with my brother today ) - I celebrated at the Anchor Bar today for some great wings and great times (along with some photos too, which I'll post later).

Old 02-08-2009, 12:24 AM

25 posts, read 69,008 times
Wow--Jim's...That place is awesome after a night of partying!

dp

Old 02-08-2009, 12:37 AM

2 posts, read 19,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalonian4life View Post
hello everyone! Today is my birthday so i decided it appropriate to post some of my recently taken buffalo, new york winter shots (most at night). yes, i went out in the brutal cold and got frostbite for yours and my viewing pleasure! So enjoy, and as always, please post your own should you have any related to this topic! (these are all original photos - no editing or cropping done, so excuse some of the bad ones).

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

15-

16-

17-

18-

19-

20-

these are obviously not the best pictures, and i am no pro - but, i'm always open to suggestions from you pro's out there...
Thought i would let you know that my tripod busted which is part of the reason some of the night shots are so blurry - i apologize for this and will make up for this in the future. Anyway i hope i got my point across understandably.

Post away!
hi, your pictures are great, and it was a very kind thing to do. Its funny, i was just thinking of how i could see some places on web, because im planing to move from new york soon but not sure where to. Im trying for the best bang for the buck. Im alone an looking for a small house. Where im ready to move any where that prices, and taxes, are best. Let me know. Mike.

Last edited by mike brady; 02-08-2009 at 12:44 AM.. Reason: WHAT TO ADD SOMETHING

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM

Alright, so I went back to the Marina Tower and the top of a downtown parking garage
tonight to get some of the Buffalo city lights in both skyline and close up images.
We truly have a beautiful nighttime skyline that is unmatched by any other American city.
Enjoy the Pics everyone!

Comment and Share!

Last edited by Buffalonian4life; 02-18-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: