Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:48 AM

1,576 posts, read 5,331,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorbust View Post
thank you BL4 for the kind rep and message.
Welcome! But, it's B4L . God be with everyone affected by this disaster. I myself am still in shock. Bless the 100's of responders, though-wow did they ever handle that well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 02:31 PM

448 posts, read 1,466,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
Welcome! But, it's B4L . God be with everyone affected by this disaster. I myself am still in shock. Bless the 100's of responders, though-wow did they ever handle that well.
oops, sorry B4L. My apologies.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
oops, sorry B4L. My apologies.
Quite Alright, .

See Link for photos of Aviation Disaster of Flight 3407: Buffalo News: Galleries (http://www.buffalonews.com/galleries/gallery/578018.html - broken link)

Old 02-15-2009, 04:58 PM

1,301 posts, read 3,562,208 times
How sad... i just read that the latest NTSB briefing announced that it took only 26 seconds from the time the trouble started with the plane, to the crash. And that the plane was pitching very violently. Those poor poor people, I can't help thinking how terrified they must have been in their final moments. It's just not fair.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 AM

199 posts, read 798,970 times
Quote:
I heard of the the wife who lost her husband on September 11th. She was going to celebrate his birthday. She was on that plane. She is now celebrating with him.
or perhaps they are both simply dead? Just a possibility...

sorry to be the proverbial a-hole, but this is the nth time I've heard somebody make a comment along these lines in the past few days. Why is it that people think tragedy gives them a right to say inane things?

also, a day prior to the Hudson river "miracle" landing, I remember reading through a dispenser a front page cover story on USA Today about how it's been over two years without a commercial airline fatality. I immediately thought to myself, "great, we've been jinxed!". What do you know. I mean while we're on the weird superstitions and what not...

Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM

25 posts, read 69,046 times
This is such sad news...

Especially scary to me--I flew from Newark to Buffalo in Novemeber on a 50 passenger Continental flight

Prayers are with the families

dp

Old 02-18-2009, 10:39 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,776,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
From what I've seen of the neighborhood it looks to be far from "rich."
enrgygirl appears to be talking about the yuppie McMansion developments in what used to be floodplain and farmland in Clarence. Clarence Center is a hamlet in the town where a good part is still farms ( actually, about 500 feet farther west and the plane would have ditched in a field). The town was founded early 1800s and at Goodrich and Clarence Center Rds is one of those old cast iron signs with mileage to Batavia, Buffalo, etc ( if not stolen by now after this). The area of about 36 blocks square ( 6X6) which is "the Center" has middle class homes from the 1800s to mostly early 1900s. Some are mid 1900s and later. Go a mile up or down the road and you hit subdivisions. The Center is not subdivisions. It is a neighborhood. Like many neighborhoods in the town, it is a hamlet ( So is Clarence Hollow,off main St). Give the people in Clarence credit for the lovely places that are there... the town is not all pricy developments. It is people, some of whom have been there since the early 1800s.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:05 AM

414 posts, read 1,500,499 times
anyone know how the clean up is progressing?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
anyone know how the clean up is progressing?
They are digging out the soil and debris to the grounds currently - which I think they should not do, and will be replacing that with new soil. I don't think they should be replacing such important rubish with fresh soil.

There will not be a new house on the property in the near future, as the W's will not be rebuilding there for obvious reasons.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:22 PM

414 posts, read 1,500,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalonian4life View Post
They are digging out the soil and debris to the grounds currently - which I think they should not do, and will be replacing that with new soil. I don't think they should be replacing such important rubish with fresh soil.

There will not be a new house on the property in the near future, as the W's will not be rebuilding there for obvious reasons.
What do you mean? Shouldn't they take the contaminated (jet fuel, metal, chemicals etc.) soil? sounds reasonable, whats your thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area