Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM

504 posts, read 1,492,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Hey., I have a question.
I was walking around Children's Hospital around Bryant st, Hodge Ave, Delaware ave, just around the hospital, the question is, is it safe? Is it a safe area? I mean I saw some really big houses but at the same time I did feel that safe.
Absolutely safe, it's a fine neighborhood, just about the nicest the city has to offer. I get what you're saying though: it does get a little vacant, especially at night, like most places in Buffalo. Is that when you were out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 AM

602 posts, read 2,033,120 times
Quote:
Hey., I have a question.
I was walking around Children's Hospital around Bryant st, Hodge Ave, Delaware ave, just around the hospital, the question is, is it safe? Is it a safe area? I mean I saw some really big houses but at the same time I did feel that safe.
Since you're over that way, check out Elmwood and Allentown, if you haven't already. Both are really fun neighbordhoods. If you're looking for some good Italian food, go further up on Delaware past the park into North Buffalo and stop by Frank's Sunny Italy, good stuff!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM

2,742 posts, read 7,491,391 times
Hi, thanks for everything.
Yes I actually did a lot in my short visit, even visit the Falls, in the amercian side, didn’t have time to visit Canada.
Visit downtown, went to the hospital (business) 2 times one during the day and the other during the night. Had a really tough time find a French Rest, but no problem finding Italian Rest. We really liked Buffalo, is a nice place (including the people especially compared to NYC), but is kind of freaky, where is everybody? Where is the traffic? During rush hour I had no traffic, and I mean no traffic. Do you people actually work?
I visit Tonawanda and Kenmore.
Also eat at the Anchor bar.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 AM

414 posts, read 1,504,724 times
Quote:
Hi, thanks for everything.
Yes I actually did a lot in my short visit, even visit the Falls, in the amercian side, didn’t have time to visit Canada.
Visit downtown, went to the hospital (business) 2 times one during the day and the other during the night. Had a really tough time find a French Rest, but no problem finding Italian Rest. We really liked Buffalo, is a nice place (including the people especially compared to NYC), but is kind of freaky, where is everybody? Where is the traffic? During rush hour I had no traffic, and I mean no traffic. Do you people actually work?
I visit Tonawanda and Kenmore.
Also eat at the Anchor bar.
We work. We don't have a central business district like bigger metropolitan areas. Work is spread all over the county. This can be a good thing if you are traveling through out the day for work, or trying to get home after work.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:17 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
we don't work, ppl in Buffalo are generally pretty well off financially.........you know, family money

but that's funny and I do get what you are saying..... no traffic here like other areas for sure....thats what every Buffalonian needs, to live in a major metropolitan city and then when they come back to Buffalo, they are like, what traffic jam? btdt myself

Old 03-13-2009, 01:39 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
we don't work, ppl in Buffalo are generally pretty well off financially.........you know, family money

but that's funny and I do get what you are saying..... no traffic here like other areas for sure....thats what every Buffalonian needs, to live in a major metropolitan city and then when they come back to Buffalo, they are like, what traffic jam? btdt myself
If you folks over at Buffalo are in need of vehicular traffic, we in Boston would be more than happy to hand over some of our Southeast Distressway traffic to you .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area