Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 10:34 AM

34 posts, read 103,234 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Considering a move to either Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse. Possibly Akron, Oh. Figured I would ask and get the skimmy on how everyone kind of faired after what appeared to be a rather rough winter.

Im curious about the electric bill and sq footage of the home.
Also input on water and sewer bill averages would be helpful too.
Thanks for any input in advance.

Also how well do you think they plow when it snows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,782,842 times
We just got a hi-efficiency furnace, so we expect the gas to go down, just like our elec. did with a gas dryer. 1,200 sq. feet and 2 people, we pay less than $120 water, less than $1200 gas and about $1300 elec* this past year. [ *However, change to a gas dryer left me with a $390+ credit, so I have paid no elec since Jan; I will come summer with a/c] Everyone is different. If you heat at 62 vs. 65 vs. 68 or higher, you will have differences. 4 people in the house, maybe a pool or sauna, your water goes up. Baths, not showers, it is higher still. My washer is energy star and uses little water.......... some people spend a lot more and I am sure a lot spend less. Plus, if you have NYSEG for elec it is really different as to National Grid.

Plowing is excellent on county roads and main roads. Burbs and farmland have wide roads and plowing is easier. Some towns are good, others awful.The city was built for horse and carriage in the 1900s -- narrow roads and many miles of roads and plowing is poor on residential streets

Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,206,512 times
In West Seneca, right near buffalo.

1100 sq foot lower of a duplex that I own..

Electric is usually 40-60 per month.

Gas is under 40 during non heat months, and no more than 225 during the winter. My most recent gas bill (March) was 95 dollars. I get billed actual, no estimates or budget plans. House is 65 degrees when we are home, 57 when we are not.

Water is under 40 bucks per quarter, and I pay for the upper tenants water also, so I assume it could be less for a single family home.

National grid is the provider for electric here.

Plowing is EXCELLENT. It darn well better be. I pay $230 a month in taxes for a sub 50k house.

Welcome to the Empire State!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area