U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:31 AM

504 posts, read 1,241,533 times

Advertisements

Public transportation is not wonderful here. However, Buffalo is not very big, so if you're a young man you should be able to get yourself around on foot or by bicycle. If you don't know where you are working yet I would advise finding a place to live that is nearby a good grocery store. Unless you are loaded (or very dedicated to organic food, as your name implies) I would say the Lexington co-op does not count as an everyday grocery store. The best groceries in Buffalo in my opinion are Wegmans on Amherst St and Guercio's on Grant/Lafayette. Tops on Niagara/Maryland is also decent, but the Tops on Jefferson/Riley is not great. I used to go to Latina's on Elmwood/North but I haven't yet been in the PriceRite that replaced them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 08:34 AM

94 posts, read 393,576 times
sorry to get off topic, but is that Price-Right more like an Aldi's?

Old 04-03-2009, 10:25 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,118,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonchaser View Post
sorry to get off topic, but is that Price-Right more like an Aldi's?
Its like a bigger Aldis they have them in Rochester too. Same style of shopping.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:40 AM

14 posts, read 38,213 times
so is public trans good or bad i have heard two diffrent storys

Old 04-03-2009, 04:43 PM

1,576 posts, read 4,656,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicjason View Post
so is public trans good or bad i have heard two diffrent storys
You'll hear various opinions on our transportation. Do some more in depth research as best you can, cause you won't get a clear answer to that until you at least visit and perhaps until oyur move.

I wish you all the best!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:27 PM

4,135 posts, read 8,924,370 times
You can do Buffalo and lots of the burbs on public transportation. You need to know how far you want to walk and then read the NFTA maps and times. Main out past S. Campus into Amherst and all the way to Transit is fine. There is now a shuttle from ECC North to Transit and down to ECC South ( fairly new) Buses fo out Delaware to the City of Tonawanda, out Elmwood ( many to the Tonawandas) and south on many routes. Find out what originates at both S. campus and at the bus terminal downtown.

My husband and I always operated on 1 car, for over 30 years. Granted, lots of times, we worked together and neither needed the bus, but if one did, we figured how to utilize it. Esp. with the monthly pass, it saved lots of cash. We always hooked up for going into the city am and out pm, but one of us had the car, the other bussed in the city.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 PM

14 posts, read 38,213 times
nice i am solo lol so no sharing but i think i can make heads or tails out of the transit sys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or