Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 05:45 PM

36 posts, read 118,681 times

Advertisements

Hello, I have read many different threads on ideas of Buffalo. I will like if possible, help with my own ideas. I currently reside in central, PA. The area where im residing is cheap, clean and low crimes. However, nothing to do, no nearby good museums, nothing to do, no attractions. In order to have fun out here I have to travel to Philadelphia which is 2hrs or into Maryland, 2hrs. I am persuing a career in Human Services and will like to relocate to the western, Ny area next year. I had thoughts before about the suburbs near Albany, but after reading the post that I got last year, I lost interest in that area. I am a 27 yrs old, Im actually planning to move with my fiancee, if not by myself. I was looking for something cheap, low crimes and good schools (because I have a 6yrs old). I will like a neighborhood which is at least nice and not too close to college students, even though, I will be a college student myself. I will like a place where if I have to go to a theater, bar, club, museum,park, mall, kids activity...ect.. at least within 30-45 mnts commute would be acceptable. Ohh and most important that I am able to find a job...I hope I am nto asking for to much, I used to live in NYC and been living in central, PA for the past 5 yrs, no matter how nice the rent might be, is sucks out here, I can't get used to this land, where there is nothing to do. However, for those in the retirement phase, Central PA would be the best decision, my opinion. I have met some nice poeple and have a lot to thanks this city for, job wise I was been given many opportunities that probably would not had received in NYC. But, I do not seem to get used to this town, is just depressing.

Maybe I am asking for too much?? Hope you guys that are experts of the Buffalo sorroundings can help me..I will appreciate any feedbacks in any nearby towns close or suburbs of Buffalo or any other in upstate.

Thanks in advance,
Millie

Last edited by milliezeta; 04-21-2009 at 06:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
The better schools are usually in the burbs - with driving you can get anywhere within 30-45 minutes tops - hell you can even go to another country in that amount of time from here.

Elmwood village though in the city is a great neighborhood - smaller lots for the homes, but if you like city living that would be something you would want to look into.

Home prices range from cheap to expensive, so depending on your budget, we might be able to whittle it down for you a bit.....

Welcome and good luck with your studies!!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 AM

..Thanks for the reply, I will look into it..

Old 04-24-2009, 03:53 PM

Default Thinking about moving to Buffalo, from Central, PA

Hello, I have read many different threads on ideas of Buffalo. I would like, if possible, to add my own ideas. I currently reside in central, PA. The area where I'm residing is cheap, clean and has low crime rates. However, there is nothing to do, no good nearby museums and no attractions. In order to have fun out here I have to travel to Philadelphia which is 2hrs away or into Maryland, 2hrs. I am persuing my bachelor's in Human Services and would like to relocate to the Western Ny area next year. I had been thinking about the suburbs near Albany, but after reading the thread that I got from last year's post, I lost interest in that area, it almost sounded the same as where im residing now!! I am a single 27 yrs old, planning to move with my 6yrs old son. I was looking for something cheap, low crimes and good schools. I would like a neighborhood which is at least nice, and not too close to college students, even though I would be a college student myself. I would like a place where if I can go to a theater, bar, club, museum,park, mall, kids activity...ect.. within 30-40 mnts(the max). Ohh and most importantly, I need to be able to find a job...I hope I am not asking for too much, or maybe I am, due to the economy right now!!I used to live in NYC and have been living in central PA for the past 5 yrs. No matter how nice the rent might be, it sucks out here, I can't get used to this area, where there is nothing to do, honestly is depressing for young adults. However, for those in the retirement phase or those who just like to stay home and watch a sunday show, Central PA would be a good decision, in my opinion.

Maybe I am asking for too much?? I hope you guys that are experts of the Buffalo surroundings can help me..I would appreciate any feedback about any nearby towns close to or suburbs of Buffalo or anything else in upstate. All things consider, I will love to move back to NYC, but reality is I can't afford those rent's at this time.

Thanks in advance,
Milliezeta

Last edited by milliezeta; 04-24-2009 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: revising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area