Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is Buffalo's reputation?
Good, and Deserved (I live in Buffalo) 7 14.58%
Good, and Undeserved (I live in Buffalo) 0 0%
Bad, and Deserved (I live in Buffalo) 6 12.50%
Bad, and Undeserved (I live in Buffalo) 8 16.67%
Good, and Deserved (I live outside of Buffalo) 3 6.25%
Good, and Undeserved (I live outside of Buffalo) 2 4.17%
Bad, and Deserved (I live outside of Buffalo) 9 18.75%
Bad, and Undeserved (I live outside of Buffalo) 13 27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM

15 posts, read 30,195 times

Advertisements

I love all these people saying we don't deserve our reputation. I wish I had their life.

Unfortunately I do not.

I'm not going to sit here and explain to these people why Buffalo sucks. If they are that diluted then I honestly have nothing to say.

Bad, and Well Deserved. You can play dressup with channel4 all you want, it doesn't change the facts. Detroit may be a bad city, but no one has worse people than Buffalo. City of Trolls.

I'm just a day or 2 away from death honestly. Death seems rather inviting compared to living in this hellhole. All these people saying I'm wrong and telling me how good Buffalo is are definitively part of the problem. They are why nothing gets done. Everyone just pretends pretends pretends.

Soon this city will be 98% white collar and all you'll have is rich folk with lots of money and poor folk with a lot of ambition.
Who you think is going to win?
The loser is the one with more to lose. What the heck do I care at this point? I've considered breaking into my annoying rich neighbors house 4 or 5 times so far, would've done it too if she didn't have a house alarm.

Your utopian dreams of living in a high tech white collar city won't change that fact. You can't just close your eyes, plug your ears and hope it all just goes away. Life doesn't work like that, but Buffalo does because Buffalo doesn't give a rats ass about anybody, including itself. Go talk your big game about Change in Cheektowaga. That is 1 place that cannot be changed, ask any CPD officer, it's been the same for decades. No one cares. No one ever will.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM

2,397 posts, read 4,671,325 times
I just read this article. And even though it didn't happen in Buffalo it does reflect back on this community.

HAMBURG, N.Y. (AP) - The front lawn of a home belonging to Bills cornerback Leodis McKelvin was vandalized following Buffalo's season-opening loss to New England.

Leodis McKelvin didn't have too much to smile about after Monday night's game. (Jim Rogash / Getty Images)

Hamburg police on Tuesday confirmed the home of a Bills player was vandalized, but declined to release details of their investigation after an obscenity and the score of Monday night's game — a 25-24 loss to the Patriots — were painted in white on the player's lawn in suburban Buffalo. McKelvin fumbled a kickoff return with under two minutes to play and the Bills leading 24-19. Three plays later, New England's Tom Brady hit Benjamin Watson for the go-ahead touchdown as the Patriots overcome an 11-point deficit in the final 2:06.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:33 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,317,465 times
Oh brother, that's hilarious, simply because I know that that is "such a Buffalo thing."

What can I say? Buffalo is not a classy city. It's a sport, get over it!

Could you imagine if we focussed this anger at our politicians who have made Buffalo a losing city for 50 years?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 AM

2,397 posts, read 4,671,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Oh brother, that's hilarious, simply because I know that that is "such a Buffalo thing."

What can I say? Buffalo is not a classy city. It's a sport, get over it!

Could you imagine if we focussed this anger at our politicians who have made Buffalo a losing city for 50 years?
They all would be running for their lives. I think the people should let all these politicians know how they really feel about things.

Yes people can and do make mistakes. And it is just a game. So we'll trash someones property for his mistake. And people wonder why this area has a bad reputation at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area