U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 PM

131 posts, read 133,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canerican View Post
Could just be too much growth. People follow the boom towns, and when they aren't immediately successful, they steal cars.

One thing to notice is that you are twice as likely to be murdered in Buffalo as in LV. I guess murderers just like to go after people who have been denied their constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I mean, if you were out to murder someone, who you pick the guy who you know doesn't have a gun, or the guy who you know carries his pistol everywhere he goes?

The facts speak for themselves. Gun control kills.

We need to encourage more gun ownership in Buffalo, so as to decrease the murder rate. At this pace everyone who doesn't move out of Buffalo because they want to, will end up murdered, because of the Liberal Democrats propensity for gun control.
You are preaching to the choir, I agree 100%.
I'm opposed to anything that runs contrary to the constitution.

That is the #1 reason I am opposed to obama...he stated that the constitution was a great historical document for it's time, but that it is fundamentally flawed.
I was and still am in shock that americans did not summarily reject him on that view alone.
People were so anxious to elect him based on him fitting a visual image of a minority president, that they didn't give two shi*s about his core values and still don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 03:15 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,923,008 times
I've lived in Austin & have spent quite a bit of time in Dallas, San Antonio & Houston. Austin is a pretty safe city as long as you stay out of the bad areas (much of the the city east of I35 & the Rundberg/Research/I35 area). Gang growth in Austin has exploded in recent years especially in the very violent Latino gangs like Mexican Mafia, Texas Syndicate & Mara Salvatrucha/MS-13. Cross those gangs path & there's little doubt what your fate will be. All of those above mentioned gangs already have very strong membership in Dallas, Houston & SA. The Black & Latino gangs in Texas make our gang's look like a preschool class.

Reading some facts & figures in a report rarely tells the whole story & nothing compares to seeing things with your own eyes. I don't care what your stats say, I would walk through whats considered to be the worst section of Buffalo at midnight before I'd ever walk through the South Dallas neighborhood that surrounds Fair Park. In Houston the bad areas are even more widespread & it is become more & more common for gangs to head out to the better suburbs to commit crimes. I'd love to drop you off at 290 & West Tidwell (even in broad daylight) & see if you still think Houston is a safer city.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 PM

As for gun control ..... as Ive said before I don't really care either way. If these muppets are going to let the far right brainwash them into thinking that they need to arm themselves to the teeth because there is going to be a massive terrorist invasion or communist takeover then more power too them. I'd still like to know who exactly they think is trying to take their guns? Didn't Obama just pass legislation that loosened some restrictions? Do they think that New York State has a Stormtrooper unit that is going to crash in their doors in the middle of the night & take away all their arms????

Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
I've lived in Austin & have spent quite a bit of time in Dallas, San Antonio & Houston. Austin is a pretty safe city as long as you stay out of the bad areas (much of the the city east of I35 & the Rundberg/Research/I35 area). Gang growth in Austin has exploded in recent years especially in the very violent Latino gangs like Mexican Mafia, Texas Syndicate & Mara Salvatrucha/MS-13. Cross those gangs path & there's little doubt what your fate will be. All of those above mentioned gangs already have very strong membership in Dallas, Houston & SA. The Black & Latino gangs in Texas make our gang's look like a preschool class.
This is what typical americans want to ignore, or are ignorant of because they have been feed a steady dose of propaganda on the preponderance of illegals being hard working and law abiding .

Thank you for this post.

This provides further reason to oppose any effort to interfere with legal gun ownership.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
This is what typical americans want to ignore, or are ignorant of because they have been feed a steady dose of propaganda on the preponderance of illegals being hard working and law abiding .

Thank you for this post.

This provides further reason to oppose any effort to interfere with legal gun ownership.

Like I said, I really don't care one way or the other about gun control. I'm just pointing out that stats rarely tell the whole truth & as far as gangs go WNY is nowhere near as bad as many other US metro areas.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I really don't care one way or the other about gun control. I'm just pointing out that stats rarely tell the whole truth & as far as gangs go WNY is nowhere near as bad as many other US metro areas.
I don't think he ever implied that the stats he provided covered every cause and effect.

And as far as the gang activity of illegals, you'll never hear me argue against it being a huge issue.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I don't think he ever implied that the stats he provided covered every cause and effect.

And as far as the gang activity of illegals, you'll never hear me argue against it being a huge issue.

No he just posted a bunch of crime related links (which have since been deleted for some reason?) for Houston, Austin & other cities claiming how we would all be so much safer there than we are in Buffalo.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
No he just posted a bunch of crime related links (which have since been deleted for some reason?) for Houston, Austin & other cities claiming how we would all be so much safer there than we are in Buffalo.
Strange that they would be deleted as it seems to directly relate to quality of life.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 PM

1,513 posts, read 2,077,299 times
Quote:
Strange that they would be deleted as it seems to directly relate to quality of life.
Strange, I agree. I don't understand why they delete my stuff sometimes... oh well, MODS = GODS

I agree about gangs though, the ones in Buffalo don't seem that scary. It's the individual people that scare me here.

I have heard about the hispanic gangs, and might have been attacked by one in Jersey City. (Me and about 5 friends were jumped by about 30 hispanics and beaten pretty badly, in Newport, right on the piers). It was probably the most scared I've ever been. Luckily no one go more than bruised or cut. I had $40, but the idiots left my credit cards.

TL;DR, I would never go into a bad hispanic neighborhood where I have heard there are gangs again. I don't think we have that in Buffalo.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM

11,555 posts, read 9,784,147 times
Default Water rises upward to money

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkcm95 View Post
Very very true. Looking at how far the levels of Lake Mead have fallen, its going to be very scary what they plan on doing in the future to feed the water need of the valley. Definitely one of the biggest issues of concern for Las Vegas' future.
That's an old true saying: water will always rise upward to money.

And, a severe drought can inhabit any section of this country. Just look at the dangerously low water levels in the SE the past couple of years.

There will always be enough water for Las Vegas, but I would worry more about water in Atlanta. True, it may cost more, but it will always be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area