Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 05:12 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,768,208 times

Advertisements

I think I figured it out. indangerinamerica is huenoun. Or, they are twins. Look up huenoun posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,475 times
Hey, all! Indangerinamerica is my brother. He is a highly paranoid schizophrenic and makes up absolutely everything he says.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:08 AM

10 posts, read 12,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illcosby View Post
I know NYC is sexy and all, but the quality of life is damned near poor if you don't make serious, serious coin. The overcrowding, the lack of affordable food, the tiny kitchens if you do get a place, the violence and poverty sometimes jutting out to your front door, even in posh parts of Manhattan. And it's dirty. I've lived in genuine ghettos and I've never seen the vermin problem that tourist areas of Manhattan have. They have roaches the size of your fist.
NYC can be tough if you don't have world class talent and make good money... But most of this post is patently absurd. There is enormous competition in food service, and you can get amazing food for reasonable prices. Buffalo food is laughable in comparison, especially in the mid-price segment.
Violence in Manhattan? Poverty? Have you ever been there within the past couple decades?

Old 11-14-2014, 01:14 AM

10 posts, read 12,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
You obviously haven't spent much time in the city of your dreams, NYC, if you think "the summers are too hot and humid with little comfort" in Buffalo but think NYC will be better. As for poverty, well, let's just say that not all of NYC is the Manhattan of novels and movies.
Actually, for the most part, NYC lives up to the novels and movies.

Grew up in NYC suburbs, worked in software engineering for 10 years in Buffalo, about to move back to NYC, where there are literally thousands more opportunities and easily 2x income. I am looking forward to eating actually edible food without having to shop at Wegmans (great store must admit) and cook myself.

Old 11-14-2014, 12:40 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,855,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westchester-buffalo-nyc View Post
Actually, for the most part, NYC lives up to the novels and movies.

Grew up in NYC suburbs, worked in software engineering for 10 years in Buffalo, about to move back to NYC, where there are literally thousands more opportunities and easily 2x income. I am looking forward to eating actually edible food without having to shop at Wegmans (great store must admit) and cook myself.

That explains everything, especially your arrogance.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:57 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,823,351 times
I currently live in Fairfield County, CT (NYC area) and would love to move to Buffalo. Even though the jobs pay higher here, the cost of living is MUCH MUCH higher to the point that it's not worth it. Home ownership is extremely difficult to achieve, and I hate the over congestion and crowding and traffic around here. It's a hard life and I can't wait to leave.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:51 AM

91,974 posts, read 122,044,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I currently live in Fairfield County, CT (NYC area) and would love to move to Buffalo. Even though the jobs pay higher here, the cost of living is MUCH MUCH higher to the point that it's not worth it. Home ownership is extremely difficult to achieve, and I hate the over congestion and crowding and traffic around here. It's a hard life and I can't wait to leave.
Did you ever hear back from the company that you were to have the interview with?

Old 11-17-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Did you ever hear back from the company that you were to have the interview with?
Yes! The HR recruiter called me this morning to reschedule my phone interview for tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. They seemed to be persistent with me and I'm glad for that.

In the meantime, I also got contacted for interview with a company in West Palm Beach, FL.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM

Phone interview went *very* well. They are taking the next steps and will let me know on Thursday. They said that the position would pay probably around $65K. God, I hope that's good enough for a single person to live comfortably in the Buffalo area. Right now I make $75K salary in Fairfield County, CT and can't afford anything.

I also noticed that someone in another thread mentioned that Buffalo lacks young professionals big time. Is that true? If so, I won't fit in. I'm white collar and 30 years old.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:53 PM

91,974 posts, read 122,044,192 times
Is it true that there may be upwards to 70 inches of snow in parts of the metro by early tomorrow? I've also heard that areas to the north got pretty much a dusting, if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area