U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What NBA team do Buffalonians follow?
Cleveland Cavaliers 1 5.26%
Toronto Raptors 3 15.79%
Detroit Pistons 0 0%
NY Knicks 8 42.11%
Other 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,237,924 times

Advertisements

What NBA team do Buffalonians follow/associate with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 PM

2,988 posts, read 5,628,213 times
I picked other because many sports fans I know appreciate & follow college basketball more than the majors.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 PM

1,513 posts, read 2,094,013 times
It's funny I'm 6'4 and I can play basketball pretty well (probably best sport) but I can't watch a game.

The only sports I can watch at this point are College Football (Go Texas!), NFL, and hockey if I am lucky enough to get a Habs game here.

I've tried watching basketball, I just find it boring. I probably would go for Toronto if I cared enough to cheer for any team.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:37 AM

24 posts, read 50,771 times
I feel like I know a lot of Knicks fans in Buffalo. It's either that or jump on the bandwagon of the teams that are good. For a while when I was younger it was the Knicks and the Lakers, if people liked basketball they liked one of those teams. But Buffalo isn't a huge basketball town.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:48 AM

259 posts, read 551,766 times
NBA? I thought that folded back in 1977.

In other words....NONE.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM

870 posts, read 1,769,557 times
Speaking of 1977, and not to stray too far from the post, would any of you Buffalonians support bringing back the Buffalo Braves? What are the prospects of that happening?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,944,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Speaking of 1977, and not to stray too far from the post, would any of you Buffalonians support bringing back the Buffalo Braves? What are the prospects of that happening?
Not gonna happen. Buffalo/WNY has its hands full trying to hold onto the Bills & Sabres, there is just no way another pro team could make it in the region. The LA Clippers (who the Braves became) have averaged over 16K/game for the last 2 years & over 17k & 18K the 2 seasons prior to that. Going back to 2002 they have never averaged below 16K (and they are regularly in the bottom 1/2 to 1/3 of the league for attendance). No way would they get that kind of support in a city where basketball would clearly be the 3rd choice for the majority of residents. Buffalo also doesn't offer the same corporate sponsorship many of the other places in the league do.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,904,167 times
I'm not living in Buffalo - just visit and look at old bldgs. I usually root for teams with players from the colleges I went to. I like Dallas because they have Jason Kidd (Cal) and Nowitski who wanted to go to Cal but an agent tricked him. Dallas owner Mark Cuban is from Indiana University and IU has two young players in the NBA Eric Gordon on the Clipps and White on Oklahoma.
Kidd is my favorite and he was subject to spousal abuse big time. At Cal games his then to be wife would get in the face of any female fans rooting too loudly for Jason. One of Kidd's best years was in his 30's the year he finally filed charges against her and dumped her.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:16 PM

6,344 posts, read 5,567,180 times
NBA? What is that?

Ok, I do tend to roof for NBA teams, but only if they have Georgetown alumni on them (I am a big Georgetown fan for college hoops). Used to be a big Knicks fan, with Ewing. I've pulled for Iverson wherever he is, and despite his shortcomings. However, I am certainly not a diehard for any one team, like I am in other sports.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:07 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,904,167 times
Checkered pretty much the same as my answer. IU and Georgetown share something in common- players. Ewing's son Patrick went to IU but wasn't at all sucessful so he transferred to Gtown where at least he was decent. Doc River's son wasn't great at Gtown and now plays for IU. Not sure how good he will be but because of the Oklahoma guy Sampson - IU got rid of all the thugs and is playing mostly freshmen, so Rivers at least has experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area