Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2007, 02:51 PM

114 posts, read 866,064 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Does anyone know of any good / safe / scenic state parks with hiking, lakes, picnic areas in the Williamsville/ Amherst area? I went to the Erie county state parks website and there wasn't much there.
I just moved to the area from Michigan and we had great well maintained state parks there.
thanks.
MP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 02:35 PM

16 posts, read 78,937 times
how is it up there? i live in orlando fl and im thinking of moveing overthere. hows the crime and how far is amherst from buffalo..

Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 PM

928 posts, read 3,839,134 times
There is one in Orchard Park named Chestnut Ridge.

I know there were budget cuts several years ago and they were cutting back on parks and things due to erie countys budget.

How do you like it there? The snow?

Old 05-12-2007, 07:21 PM

103 posts, read 652,908 times
minusach, are you looking for a walking park? If so, there Amherst bike trail is quite extensive Link to Bike Trail Map

Niagara County has The Oppenheim Park (broken link) located off Niagara Falls Blvd.

Ellicot Creek Park also located off of Niagra Falls Blvd.

The Buffalo park system is beautiful. They were designed by Frederick Law Olmsted (http://buffaloolmstedparks.org - broken link)

Here is the NYS park listing

As mentioned above Chestnut Ridge Park is huge and offers much hiking.

If you want a big park, look into Zoar Valley

Old 05-14-2007, 09:09 AM

114 posts, read 866,064 times
Smile State parks in the williamsville, amherst

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Amherst is about 15 minutes from Buffalo. I am not sure about buffalo. But amherst and williamsville are very safe. I just moved from Detroit, so I find both these areas really safe. There has not been much snow since I moved in December. It's quite similar to Detroit. But I have heard that it does snow a lot.
I will surely check out the parks mentioned.
thanks once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area