Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 11,173 times

Advertisements

I go to college in Buffalo (Canisius) and there is a pretty good music scene- much better than my hometown of Syracuse, anyway. I've been to Soundlab a bunch of times, they have great indie/experimental bands (I've seen Handsome Furs, Fruit Bats, Mt St Helens Vietnam Band, and Japandroids there). There's a link in mycrows' post, and it's really a great venue, as long as you have a car. It's just around the corner from the subway station, which makes getting there really easy, but none of the shows I've been to there ended until after the subway was closed- if the website says the show starts at 9, it really starts at 10, with one or two opening bands, and the headliner doesn't come on until midnight, which is when the subway stops running.
There's also Tralf Music Hall, Town Ballroom, Mohawk Place. I haven't been to Mohawk Place or Town Ballroom yet, but in the last few months, Mohawk Place had Free Energy and Akron/Family play, and Town Ballroom had Gaslight Anthem.
Some of the bars downtown also have live music.
I don't really know much about the art scene except there's a magazine called Art Voice and I think an art museum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthesnow View Post
I go to college in Buffalo (Canisius) and there is a pretty good music scene- much better than my hometown of Syracuse, anyway. I've been to Soundlab a bunch of times, they have great indie/experimental bands (I've seen Handsome Furs, Fruit Bats, Mt St Helens Vietnam Band, and Japandroids there). There's a link in mycrows' post, and it's really a great venue, as long as you have a car. It's just around the corner from the subway station, which makes getting there really easy, but none of the shows I've been to there ended until after the subway was closed- if the website says the show starts at 9, it really starts at 10, with one or two opening bands, and the headliner doesn't come on until midnight, which is when the subway stops running.
There's also Tralf Music Hall, Town Ballroom, Mohawk Place. I haven't been to Mohawk Place or Town Ballroom yet, but in the last few months, Mohawk Place had Free Energy and Akron/Family play, and Town Ballroom had Gaslight Anthem.
Some of the bars downtown also have live music.
I don't really know much about the art scene except there's a magazine called Art Voice and I think an art museum.
I can see better, but MUCH better? Syracuse Arts Net Home
http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/inde...iew&Itemid=133
http://www.syracusenewtimes.com/inde...800&Itemid=109

Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 991 times

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTpknxOO57g]artBFLO - YouTube[/url]

This just out today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area