Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 PM

13 posts, read 17,950 times

Advertisements

[LEFT]hello! we are moving to VT in June from Iowa. We visited in April and put an offer in on a house but the appraisal fell through (the cost of houses there is a big shock for us). We have decided to move into temp housing and look for a house once we get there at the end of June. We are having trouble locating temporary housing that is decent and not overly expensive. We have scoured craigslist, VRBO, home away, google, etc but are coming up empty handed. We need to be close to Fletcher Allen but will travel up to 30 minutes. Just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone has any leads! Would prefer a unit to ourselves vs sharing a house as we have a dog and a baby. Thanks in advance! [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 12:32 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
Have you looked into any of the extended stay places?
A friend of mine and her family stayed at the Smart Suites in South Burllington for a few weeks 'til they could secure housing when they moved up here. They were "happy" there (happy meaning it was clean, and a roof over their heads until they could find something permanent).

Old 05-29-2012, 12:40 PM

[LEFT]yes we have. we would prefer laundry as we have a small baby but I think if we absolutely can not find anything else we will have to go with extended stay. [/LEFT]

Old 05-29-2012, 01:38 PM

1,792 posts, read 4,660,508 times
If you will be working at FAHC, ask HR about the availability of temp housing. Several of our people used it as until they found permanent housing. Other than that it looks like you exhausted most of the options. There will be a larger number of rentals available now that the schools are out. It may be possible that someone will be willing to rent temp housing until August or September. Just a thought.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:48 PM

[LEFT]thanks! there is also a problem with the HR at Fletcher Allen as my husband's program coordinator just stepped down and he does not know who the new program director will be or their contact info. We may just have to cold call around the hospital and see if anyone knows. If anything, we could get housing for him only and me and my daughter could stay elsewhere until we close on a house. [/LEFT]

"It may be possible that someone will be willing to rent temp housing until August or September."

thats exactly why I posted here haha - get a leg up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
View detailed profiles of: