Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 05:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times

Advertisements

If you've had some success chime in.

What are you involved with? CPA, Adsense, PLR, Affiliate products,etc......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 03:21 PM

200 posts, read 632,575 times
I do a little bit, I only bring in a couple hundred $ each month but that's not to bad considering I've only been doing it for about 5 months. Most of it comes from selling my own product but I do make a little from CPA

Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM

22 posts, read 56,577 times
My electric power business is doing quite well. We earn by saving people on their electricity kwh rates. Simple and easy.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM

1,343 posts, read 2,670,492 times
Good for you all. Im still thinking of an internet website I can build to provide a service to people.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times
I've tried all of the above - complete waste of time.

With adsense you need tons of traffic to make any decent money.
With affiliate products its hard to sell the product.

Haven't made any decent money with it. I personally think both are a complete waste of time. All you are doing is making SOMEONE ELSE rich. You are selling their stuff, they pull 10-20% profit from your efforts and you get a little money from the deal. Why make someone else RICH? Make yourself rich.

What I mean by this is you want to be the person who has other people selling YOUR product. Once I realized that I didn't waste my time with adsense, affiliate blah blah blah. In fact most of my sites don't run any of that stuff at all! I now have a very successful subscription based website that has some very powerful tools on it that dominates the competition. There is nothing like this on the market. Now people sell my product and I give them 10% commission. My profit margin on the site is 95% and if its a commission sale its 85%. Talk about a good business venture to be in! I mainly achieve those margins by the fact that the cost of operating the site is VERY low. 5$/month web hosting bill and 10$/year domain name are the only fixed costs I have. All of my variable costs are in Research and Development, which of course could be cut in case of dire circumstances but i don't see that happening.

Another distinct advantage is the fact that everything can be outsourced to the best and cheapest workers. If I have a new idea for a product I want on the site I can go on odesk and hire some programmers for 2-3$/hr to build my product into a reality. If they give me a shotty product, i fire them and they don't get paid. Also, no need to worry about discrimination, sexual harassment lawsuit, equal opportunity blah blah blah. I love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbjkIE_CQI8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business