Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 02:20 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,687,497 times

Advertisements

Protesting is old school. Post a review on Yelp instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,111 times
I can totally relate to this. I thought of doing the same thing. I actually went into the store to try to come to a resolution and when it was obvious nothing was going to happen I started announcing to everyone in that department in a very loud voice how the company didn't stand behind their products or their warranty's. I was asked to leave but as I did so I went up to each person on my way out and told them my story about the item in question.

The following business day I contacted the BBB and wrote the company headquarters telling them I planned to go to the media if something didn't get figured out. Funny thing is 2 days later I got a call and they decided to replace my item like I asked them to. This is a well known company and I tell everyone I know not to buy from there. They will be out of business in the next few years. They have been on the decline for years.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
Wow. Now that’s exactly why the entire world is going down fast. Where’s is the empathy, sympathy, love, and care for one another. But nope more of you are more worried about how you’re going to look if you protest. You’re completely missing the point of it all because of your vanity. What an awful thing that lady went through but I have to say I would have filed criminal charges for abuse and neglect from the nursing home. I have heard so many horror stories about those places. Who are these people treating people who can’t fend for themselves for the moment or the rest of their life??? Where has the compassion for people gone? I’m afraid end times are near because I can feel and see that greed and vanity among the mass is undeniable. Forgive me for calling you folks such awful names and believe me I’m no saint but when I read something like what did lady went through and she was just asking for advice some of you who responded are just down right cold and heartless. It’s not embarrassing to show care, emotion, love but what is embarrassing is that a lot of people view those things as weaknesses. How? Why? And when did this opposition happen? Prayers to you dear lady, the folks on this site and to the entire world. Lord have mercy on our soals. If your not a believer you might want to start now before the 11th hour. And forgive the ones who reply with hate and anger for mentioning your name. God Bless.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:29 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,553 posts, read 81,131,933 times
I have had 3-4 situations where I was very unhappy (ripped off) by companies and managed to get it corrected by use of social media. The most recent were a car dealership service department and a faulty TV. In addition to Yelp and other review sites, you can start a "We Hate _________" Facebook page where others having the same problem will join in, and you can post on their Facebook pages. Even if they manage to remove it many people will see it before then. Another successful tactic is to find out the email for the sales manager at the radio and TV stations where they advertise. Give them the whole story, and tell them that you can no longer watch/listen to their station because the ads for that company turn your stomach. Using that one got me a refund check for several hundred dollars on work that was done on a car that was not really needed.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:52 AM

3,349 posts, read 1,237,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent View Post
Wow. Now that’s exactly why the entire world is going down fast. Where’s is the empathy, sympathy, love, and care for one another. But nope more of you are more worried about how you’re going to look if you protest. You’re completely missing the point of it all because of your vanity. What an awful thing that lady went through but I have to say I would have filed criminal charges for abuse and neglect from the nursing home. I have heard so many horror stories about those places. Who are these people treating people who can’t fend for themselves for the moment or the rest of their life??? Where has the compassion for people gone? I’m afraid end times are near because I can feel and see that greed and vanity among the mass is undeniable. Forgive me for calling you folks such awful names and believe me I’m no saint but when I read something like what did lady went through and she was just asking for advice some of you who responded are just down right cold and heartless. It’s not embarrassing to show care, emotion, love but what is embarrassing is that a lot of people view those things as weaknesses. How? Why? And when did this opposition happen? Prayers to you dear lady, the folks on this site and to the entire world. Lord have mercy on our soals. If your not a believer you might want to start now before the 11th hour. And forgive the ones who reply with hate and anger for mentioning your name. God Bless.
A lot of nursing homes are terrible.My grandfather was in one and his treatment was a disgrace.
Fortunately he's now in a good one.

However the OPs anger is completely misguided. It should be directed (as should any lawsuit) towards the nursing home not the dental clinic.

She was asking for advice on how to protest a business that didn't do anything wrong.
I feel bad for what she went through but that doesn't make protesting the dental clinic right.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 PM

295 posts, read 337,884 times
How much do you make per hour. If it's worth the couple of hors time then sure but if it's a 20 dollar product and you make 20 dollars an hour then I wouldn't do it.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,152 times
More like nobody pays attention to nutbags that post negative comments all day on the Internet for no damn reason.

Old 09-03-2018, 06:33 PM

748 posts, read 820,182 times
Yes. It's still a free country. Just circle the sidewalk so you dont get arrested for obstructing it.

Old 09-26-2018, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,102 times
The people who protested in the restaurant in Washington, D.C. Monday against Senator Cruz. If they actually bumped into him while asking him questions or kept raising their voices in process of chanting. If they try to stop him from doing what he and his wife want to do, they are breaking the law because He does have the right to be there just like anybody else does. I believe you just can't start doing this, it could be construed as HARRASSMENT. This is a U.S. Senator and you just can't start yelling or screaming at him , this would be harming him and his wife. This is not allowed, and anybody who thinks it is LEGAL IS JUST PLAIN STUPID. YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO A COP, THEN WHY IS IT DONE TO A U.S. SENATOR FROM TEXAS. THIS COUNTRY IS JUST GOING DOWN A VERY DANGEROUS PATH. YOU WILL GET ARRESTED IF THIS IS DONE IN ANY RESTAURANT AGAINST A COP, AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN TO SENATOR CRUZ AND HIS WIFE IN THIS COUNTRY. I DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT CONGRESS WOMAN MAXINE WATERS SAID, ABOUT MAKE IT HARD ON ALL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES OF THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION. THIS WHOLE NOTION IS VERY WRONG, AS A FORMER MARINE, I THINK IT IS ALL DAM WRONG. NO RESPECT FOR ANYBODY NOW A DAYS. IT IS NOT THE WAY THINGS OUGHT TO BE RIGHT NOW.

Old 01-29-2020, 05:47 AM

2 posts, read 6,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodoak5962 View Post
It can work if you go about it the right way. be nice, smile at people who are going in the store. dont tell them what they should do unless they ask your advice. just let people know what happened and let them decide what they want to do. I protested outside a shop once. they would not give me a replacment on a item that wasnt working right. so i had the day off work anyway, so i had lost nothing but my own time and the feeling of "if i can save one other person from the same bad service" then that was great. it wasnt about the money, it was the fact that the shop didnt respect my rights. i dressed smart and didnt shout out dribble. In less then three hours i had at least 50 people say they would go elsewhere for their items. it only took three hours. the manager came out with a replacment and a full refund. It worked only because, 1. they didnt know how long i would keep it up for. ( i only planned to be there for 5 hour total but they didnt know that) 2. i didnt look like a crazzy (foil hat man lol) i had a shirt and tie, and spoke calm and politely. the item cost about £30 but i cost that company a load more with a loss of 50 people. they knew it had to stop, and they knew the price to make me go away. i would have been happy with either but got both. so it can work if its done right. and i didnt look a ****. (ok no more a **** looking)
Hi,
What did your sign say? I hear that is critical in not getting sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business