Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 PM

692 posts, read 3,142,305 times

Advertisements

Have any of you looked CAREFULLY at the New E Bay Fee's set to start on April 19th 2011 and beyond.

I recommend all you Non Store Sellers especially check it out as "I Have".

I am going to "BAG" E BAY as a Seller after many years because of all their recent and continuing unscrupulous actions.

They will be adding the Shipping Charges to the Final Value FEE to supposidly reduce shipping to the Buyers ?????? WHAT !!!

How does that work other then linning E Bay's Pocket with an additional cost to the SELLER. What does the sellers Shipping cost have to do with E Bay anyhow. It's a Separate Issue.

They are Raising the Final Value Fee Max from $50 to $100 on items over $1000 also.

That's a 100% Increase Folks !!!!!

Many Item over $1000 are also heavy and they will add that shipping expense to the final value Fee as well.

This can be a HUGE INCREASE for many items.

Then you get the Privlege of being Forced to use Pay Pal on every transaction so you can add that expense to your selling cost's.

Oh .. and by the way, did I mention that Shipping Rates Are Going Up on there Own and E Bay will also get a Cut of That additional Expense.

Also they will trap most sellers on the issue of the Start Date .. April 19th.

All auctions not ended by that date will be charged the New Fees.

Most will think it means .. All Auctions entered into on or after April 19th...

Another Sneaky Trap.

Enough is Enough for me ...... I No Longer Trust E Bay and Their Policies.

The "GOOD TIMES" are over.

GOOD BY EBAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 01:58 PM

135 posts, read 248,272 times
Revenue was up at 9.1 billion last year. What coffin are you talking about?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:12 PM

This is about the Small Sellers point of View ... Not the Big Wheels at Ebay.

Mobsters, Gangsters and other Greedy Criminals Make Big Money Too.

AT WHO'S EXPENSE ??

I could make more money by Holding their Stock then working my A-s off as a Grunt for them.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:54 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times
Wow, an ebay just raised fees not too long ago when they dropped the listing fees for items under 0.99 but added several percent onto final value fees and tried to act like they were saving us money lol.

Ebay sucks but is a necessary evil. It was nice when people could add onto shipping to short change ebay from raping them quite so much but ebay finally decided to do something about it.

Rules For Rebels: Don't Get Burned by Ebay's Flawed Policy on Local Pick-Up Auctions!!!

Ebay has a number of flawed policies and overpriced services, may as well add one more flawed move to the list.

People threaten to leave and many have left for amazon but the fact of the matter is no where else can you get the traffic you can get with ebay

Old 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,785 times
Default Amazon

I sold on Amazon and it is'nt any better. With the increased price in shipping, delivery confirmations and signature confirmations. After taxes it was'nt worth it.I gave up.
Ebay does have more traffic tham Amazon for what I sold, but I don't even want to start selling on there.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathys View Post
I sold on Amazon and it is'nt any better. With the increased price in shipping, delivery confirmations and signature confirmations. After taxes it was'nt worth it.I gave up.
Ebay does have more traffic tham Amazon for what I sold, but I don't even want to start selling on there.
I have sold some books on amazon but amazon isn't much cheaper if it is at all and I'm so comfortable with the layout and how ebay works that I'm hesitant to switch to someone else, plus nobody can match ebays traffic.

On amazon can you list individual unique items or does it have to be something in their inventory?

Old 03-20-2011, 11:09 PM

426 posts, read 1,282,785 times
Default Amazon

I stopped selling in December. I sold some oddball collectible items in the everything else category, but you have to be a pro merchant to be able to create a page to list that item. That will run you $40 a month. If you sell 40 items you get that back.They charge a final closing fee of 99 cents if you are not a pro merchant.
Also the shipping rates are already set, and if you sell certain items they do not cover it, you have to make it up in your price.
They really limit themselves and lose a lot of business by not selling more collectible items. They are also hard to find if you are the buyer.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:56 AM

The fact their Revenue was up 9 billion dollars last year just proves my point that they have become delusionally GREEDY.

I will use this time till April 19th to purge all items I need to sell on E Bay and then it will be just what I can sell on Craigs list.

Game Over .......

Old 03-21-2011, 09:06 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
I stopped selling on eBay awhile back. I only buy now. I had 3 stores on eBay at one time and was doing good. But then they raised the fees and really eBay and I were making the same profit. Then they raised their fees again and they were making out better then me and I was hardly making a profit. So I dropped all 3 of my stores. I'll never sell from there again. Unless you're a high end seller, the smaller sellers are pushed out and the higher end sellers are left at eBay.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:08 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Also I noticed that when I buy from eBay, I get business cards from my sellers directing me to go OFF eBay and into their own websites which I do. The sellers that I don't have their cards yet, I'll ask them so I can go completely off eBay after awhile.

eBay will eventually go under. Too bad because it was very nice at one time and people could make a living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business