Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,459,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi Tekkie--

Most credit unions are part of the CUServiceCenter.com and you'll be able to conduct business with any of the 3,000+ credit unions that are part of the network. Problem solved.

That's what I'm saying. Free ATMs or easy access to such with banks? So? Every Walgreens, CVS, Valero I can see gives me free ATM access never mind shared banking when I need to visit a lobby nearby. I can hop on down to the CU I use down the road and fiddle with any of my three (soon to be two) different CU accounts.

Voila.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,633,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Link if possible?
Thrivemovement.com

Its a documentary on earth but covers many banks and big corporations as well.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:03 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,642,947 times
I agree about Chase. I had horrible expriences with their card and their abject refusal to follow along on any issues I've ever had.

Now I have Citi, and when I talk to their CS people, I always mention what a delight it is to do business with them, instead of Chase. They just laugh and say, "Yes, we know, we've heard that before."

Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,421,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I am with you on Chase bank. When you use their online bill pay, they take the money out of your account the minute you send the check,, even though it has not been cashed. So they can use it. But the person receiving the check does not get a cashiers check, which is what it should be, as the cash is gone from my account, before the check is cashed. Then, if the check is lost...they STILL KEEP THE CASH for 30 DAYS! Forget it.

I switched to a normal bank. US Bank. You use on line bill pay, send a check...it posts when the person cashes the check.
Thanks for sharing. Yes, they absolutely do what you're saying. And what sucks about that is when you set up an automatic bill pay, they usually take that amount out well before the bill is due. For me, I use it for my rent. As you said, they take that money out of your account immediately. So when my rent is due the 1st of the month, Chase takes out that amount 7-10 business days prior to the rent being due. So I have to make sure I have adequate funds in my account well before the 1st of the month. Kind of sucks when you get paid the 15th and last day of every month.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:37 AM

24,303 posts, read 16,977,085 times
These big companies and banks don't give a toot about the little guy. Both myself and friends have been victim to fraud by large companies like you mentioned that seem to make their money by over charging customers and hoping they don't notice and just pay. A phone company did this to friends of mine to the tune of nearly $500 dollars over several months. It wasn't until my friend really looked closely at the bill that she saw things on there that she never signed up for. She complained and tried getting a refund but they would only give her credit. How many other people don't bother to investigate their bills and just pay and pay?
While we are bashing banks and their criminal actions let me add how Bank Of America really screwed a client of mine. I am in real estate. The short, one month to next clients mortgage went up $980 she couldn't afford the increase, who could? Went the short sale route and after nearly a year with 3 offers, 2 weeks before closing BOA foreclosed. They cashed in a insurance policy that they took out in case my client defaulted. BOA was the direct cause of her defaulting. Kinda like taking out a life insurance policy on a person then tossing them off a cliff. The house is now on the market for $60,000 less then the best offer I brought to them? Bank of America is banking on the failure of America.
Moral of the story don't trust anyone especially banks and watch your billing closely.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:38 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,830,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
Thanks for sharing. Yes, they absolutely do what you're saying. And what sucks about that is when you set up an automatic bill pay, they usually take that amount out well before the bill is due. For me, I use it for my rent. As you said, they take that money out of your account immediately. So when my rent is due the 1st of the month, Chase takes out that amount 7-10 business days prior to the rent being due. So I have to make sure I have adequate funds in my account well before the 1st of the month. Kind of sucks when you get paid the 15th and last day of every month.
Hi Tekkie--

I don't use auto-pay for anything at all. I've quickly gone from auto-pay to "I'll check every damn bill before I send you a dime, ever" because of too many bills screwed up, always in someone else's favor. Cable, phone, electric bill, you name it. I've never been under-billed for anything, always over-billed.

Hence why I don't let anyone ever get access to my checking account. Fighting the company is much more of an uphill battle when they already have your money in their hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business