Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 07:14 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktonite View Post
LOL. They also school you on internet chat forums.
Oh... How cute! An internet troll is a trollin! Go figure...

The fact you think school teaches you to think these days says enough about you.

or

Quote:
Running your own business is a notoriously bad way to try to become successful.
The working man is a fool.

Quote:
Otherwise, it's always good to see self-serving hucksters exposed. Hard to admire those whose profit comes from deliberately exploiting and manipulating others.
So we're all supposed to be communists instead of putting assets to work at market rates? Makes a lot of sense now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 04:49 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times
Quote:
It's more the case that many fall for a pointless grade-school stereotype claiming that smarter kids are disproportionately awkward in a social setting.
I said that there are "a lot of very smart kids who are socially awkward". I did not say that all of them are socially awkward. Hell I wasn't even implying half or a quarter of them. I was only noting that it happens.

Quote:
Running your own business is a notoriously bad way to try to become successful.
I said "those are the types that will not be successful in management". I didn't know that I needed to clarify that management can exist in both entrepreneurship or while working for the man. Either way, its a necessary skill set for becoming successful in your career. Do I need to clarify that I am not talking about lifetime success now too?

Quote:
Yeah, and I'll bet you're great in bed and your investment portfolio was up 500% last year as well.
Troll away Oaktonite, troll away. I really don't care if you don't believe me.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:07 PM

706 posts, read 1,308,885 times
This guy is such a fraud, disgusting.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,449,955 times
I haven't read the book...but I wonder what real research Kiyosaki has done. I think his Rich Dad , Poor Dad book was good in opening people's minds to the advantages of business versus being an employee in a very basic way that was accessible to people. But I don't view him as the most honest person.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:45 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
I got mediocre grades. Part of that was due to my parents changing my schools every year or two. But part was because I get board with practice and routine. I don't do well with "following the program", just because someone tells me to. I was quick to comprehend, but bad at practicing, so I did well on achievement test, but my grades were maybe C+ on average.

A lot of A students are relatively smart, but I think many don't need to be very smart or think for themselves to get good grades. They are hard workers and do as told. That's not a bad thing, but they may lack common sense or the ability to problem solve without a set of instructions or in other words, can't think outside of the box. I can come up with new ways of doing things and am innovative, but I need to work on organization, planning and day to day matters. If I had to pick, I'd want to be like myself, but also have the hard work characteristics of many A students.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
A's open doors. C's don't.
This.

I don't work for C students because C students don't even get an interview.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
This.

I don't work for C students because C students don't even get an interview.

I see what you are saying. C students don't often get to corp middle management jobs. I realize Kiyosaki is just a get rich quick guru and he is baiting with his premise, in order to sell books. It's works for him, we are talking about his book right? But Smart C students can easily run a business and hire A students. The thing is, you won't know when that is happening. I doesn't mean a lot of C students can start successful businesses, but some do and some hire A students who will just do the work and follow the program.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
But still one only has to look at the top of the heap. Clearly top ten per cent are far and way hugely successful even among college students. When looking at billionaires in surveys by large percentage over whelming picked taking risk and education as what got them there. Even if a person does not go to college often the most successful are not C student grade level even at major degree program level.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But still one only has to look at the top of the heap. Clearly top ten per cent are far and way hugely successful even among college students. When looking at billionaires in surveys by large percentage over whelming picked taking risk and education as what got them there. Even if a person does not go to college often the most successful are not C student grade level even at major degree program level.

i don't think you need to be a billionaire to be considered very successful. as for myself, i didn't know what i wanted to do when i was in high school or college. i wasn't particularly motivated to get a general education or get a degree just because it's good to have one. i figured out years later what i wanted to do.

but i have taken several classes, private lessons and have done a lot of reading on my own over the last 10 yrs. i suppose that's education too. but some of what i had to learn can't be found in books and classes are hard to come by. there are some areas where you have to be on the edge of new info and you have to be innovative, so college may be helpful as a base of general knowledge, but you also have to seek out ways to learn that are not traditional.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 AM

934 posts, read 402,454 times
like with any stereotype, everyone of us can persons who don't fit it
and like with any stereotype, looking at the majority and you can see there is something in it
I mean, why would that idea exist unless we saw the same thing repeated over and over again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business