Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 AM

1,850 posts, read 3,016,150 times

Advertisements

I know of a guy that has his business in Tuscan but lives in Chicago.

I know of several people in Ohio that have businesses in Texas.

How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM

23,595 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Lots of businesses are incorporated in states other than the residence of the owners. There can be tax and legal advantages. Investors and retirees often have on-site management that reports to them. With IP cams it is pretty easy to check up on what is happening in stores and around the tills. Computerized POS programs allow instant access to sales across the internet.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Lots of businesses are incorporated in states other than the residence of the owners. There can be tax and legal advantages. Investors and retirees often have on-site management that reports to them. With IP cams it is pretty easy to check up on what is happening in stores and around the tills. Computerized POS programs allow instant access to sales across the internet.

You're telling me something I already know.

My question was DO YOU know anyone?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM

23,595 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Not that it is any of your business, but I AM one with a business like that. Thanks for shouting. Perhaps if you repeat yourself in a larger font, more people will respond... or not.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Not that it is any of your business, but I AM one with a business like that. Thanks for shouting. Perhaps if you repeat yourself in a larger font, more people will respond... or not.
I'm asking for a specific reason, not trying to be noisy.

You didn't have to respond.

You don't learn unless you ask questions. I'm sure you tell you staff that, don't you?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:54 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

You don't learn unless you ask questions. I'm sure you tell you staff that, don't you?
OK, I will bite. You asked the question for a specific reason. Many posters would have placed the reason in the first question. It helps save time for those of us that don't have a clue. What would the reason be anyway?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Since you asked though. I have known people that have had business operations in more than one state. One business was started here in my city and the owners, friends of ours, opened another larger operation in another state. They eventually moved to that state while keeping the operation opened in our area.

Another friend owns a company called Neff Headwear and he has business units in 3 or 4 states. His products are sold in 40 differant nations. The head quarters is here in the area though.

Another friend owned a lumber company back in the 80's and 90's. He had a mill in Oregon and a couple lumber yards in California along with his corporate office staff.

A friend of my parents had an oil company in Oklahoma while he lived in Westlake Village Ca. He still lives in Westlake but the oil company is no more.

I have known people that have opened locations in differant states. One family had a retail location in the Phoenix area and a few in So California.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:11 PM

531 posts, read 758,403 times
Is this a joke?
Buy a share of SPY and now you own 500 companies.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:46 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post

Are you rude to everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business