Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2014, 07:17 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,916,545 times

Advertisements

David Beckham reveals purchase of MLS Miami franchise - ESPN FC

Lets have fun and analyze David Beckham's purchase of an MLS Franchise in Miami. If you had the money would you join him in this venture? What would your demands be? Do you think this is a wise choice? It will be completely privately funded, say Beck's, so he will need your money. They dont even have a place to play. They want to build one from the ground up. Apart from the fee, which only god knows is how much to begin with, he still needs to hire staff, build an arena, buy some players, pay for marketing, etc etc.

Anyone know a lot of about the business side of sports?

Last edited by NJ Brazen_3133; 02-05-2014 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: not specific , and grammar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:13 PM

32,629 posts, read 47,951,677 times
Oh. I thought the title meant he was getting into real estate.

I like his underwear ads, but I think I will pass on going into business with him. Like the underwear ad says, closed course, do not attempt at home. I think maybe I will not attempt.

Old 02-06-2014, 04:57 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,916,545 times
LOL, I just realized MLS = Multiple Listing Service as well as Major League Soccer. I guess he is getting into real estate. He needs to build himself a soccer pitch. He wants to do it with private funds only. No Gubment help.

If I had the money, and he procured rights to play in an already built stadium, I probably still would not invest. But it would be better than building a brand new arena. Why not just pay FIU to upgrade their FIU Stadium, or even pay FAU to upgrade FAU stadium a bit, and just play in there for a bit?

Are there any restrictions on how many Euro players an MLS team can have? If not there is plenty of talent that can be had for dirt cheap. Look how many lesser tier leagues there are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business