U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 10:53 AM

20,940 posts, read 25,629,374 times

Advertisements

The one that has me shaking my head is that I don't text so I put into my ads, in all capital, bold letters, "I do not text. If you text you will not get an answer."

So if I am lucky I will get one phone call and there will be 2 dozen text messages. (shrug) What can you do?

Lots and lots of people who insist that they are on their way and please hold it for them. Then they never show up.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 06:08 AM

3,871 posts, read 1,561,147 times
You trashed a handmade Tiffany lamp? If it's a real Tiffany, then you're an idiot, but you just threw away an incredibly valuable item, one that could have paid off your mortgage.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:22 PM

3,159 posts, read 1,836,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
You trashed a handmade Tiffany lamp? If it's a real Tiffany, then you're an idiot, but you just threw away an incredibly valuable item, one that could have paid off your mortgage.
He trashed the emails, not the items.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:53 PM

1,656 posts, read 763,810 times
Never post the "curb alert" notices, i.e. "couch and other furniture at curb at 1234 Anywhere St., Hometown". You just might find that the furniture is gone, but so is your patio furniture, your hubcaps, and your dog.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:40 AM

709 posts, read 292,027 times
"Cash in hand" is a psychological trigger clowns use to make u think your item is overpriced or not sellable. Of course u have to pay cash! What else by check or an I-owe-you.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 AM

709 posts, read 292,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantweed View Post
In my experience, about 75% of responders are FLAKES.
True. I sold a 16 foot long kayak. People acted surprised to see in person that it was actually 16' long just like the description said. One guy was scared it would be too heavy to put on his suburban, one of the strongest vehicles on the road. Later a nice guy came in his little suburu and loaded it on the roof next to a canoe that was already tied on the top. He was given a discount for merely not being a butt.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,825,114 times
I had the most amazing Craigslist experience this week, and I have to share. I listed a car for sale, and I received an email within an hour with a full price offer. The guy came to my house, and he bought it. He never asked for a lower price, and he never pointed out a flaw in the vehicle or did anything to imply he'd like a lower price. He paid with cash, signed the paperwork, and he left. I couldn't believe it.

I can't sell $50 planter boxes and other handmade items I spend hours on, without someone asking for a lower price, but I can sell a dang car and get full price.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:05 PM

4,016 posts, read 1,690,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
I had the most amazing Craigslist experience this week, and I have to share. I listed a car for sale, and I received an email within an hour with a full price offer. The guy came to my house, and he bought it. He never asked for a lower price, and he never pointed out a flaw in the vehicle or did anything to imply he'd like a lower price. He paid with cash, signed the paperwork, and he left. I couldn't believe it.

I can't sell $50 planter boxes and other handmade items I spend hours on, without someone asking for a lower price, but I can sell a dang car and get full price.
Check for counterfeit bills. Lol.

Old 07-05-2017, 11:01 PM

9,693 posts, read 5,251,095 times
Honestly, my frustration has been with people trying to nickle and dime their way to a lower price when I know that the price that I'm offering is more than fair/competitive. When they try to pull that crap on me once we've already met, I walk away and don't look back. I don't have time for the foolishness.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:47 AM

69,156 posts, read 79,283,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
He trashed the emails, not the items.
Are you sure about that: I thought he meant he trashed the lamp, but I am guessing it was not an original.
That being said, we have had great luck with Craig's list. We have sold and bought using them. Would I recommend for renting or buying a home or for job hunting? Absolutely not. I have heard too many horror stories.

We all have to remember there are nuts out there. They come in all sizes. And I have no idea how many times people say they will be right over and they never show. I guess they don't have the same definition of Right over I have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business