Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2014, 07:54 AM

545 posts, read 1,095,083 times

Advertisements

I'm planning on forming an LLC in new jersey, to run a candy vending machine business. I have a few questions about the LLC. What is the best way to set it up? Through the state, or through a legal advice firm like 'Legal Zoom'? Is it required that I have a registered agent for my LLC, and should I? What else do I need to know about setting up an LLC and running a candy vending machine business, in new jersey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 08:18 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,395,074 times
1. if you are actually in nj then you dont need a registered agent

2. "legal zoom" is a middleman who charges you a fee to file paperwork with the state that you can do yourself online most likely

3. who told you you needed an llc for this particular business?

all info you need for doing any type of business entity registering is online via your states website and any local business requirements/licences/permit/tax info can be found on the state and city/county level webpages and irs.gov

do some reading, a lil research...its all there

Old 12-09-2014, 08:05 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,277,876 times
OP, please be aware of the new regulations coming to companies that operate more than 20 vending machines.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=obamacare+...ines&ia=images

Old 12-09-2014, 08:21 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,161,777 times
Years ago we had our Accountant do our paperwork setting up a LLC. She did not charge too much and it was simple. She set herself up as Registered Agent and notified us each year when annual fee was due. We paid her and she forwarded it to the state ( less her fee).

Old 12-09-2014, 03:50 PM

28,896 posts, read 54,007,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Years ago we had our Accountant do our paperwork setting up a LLC. She did not charge too much and it was simple. She set herself up as Registered Agent and notified us each year when annual fee was due. We paid her and she forwarded it to the state ( less her fee).
This.

If you have a business of any substance, it always pays to have a CPA between you and the tax man. I happily write that check for my corporation's annual return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business