Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Beginning of the end
Yes 16 28.57%
No 31 55.36%
Invincible 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I used to shop at WalMart almost exclusively. Then, starting a year or so ago, I noticed they stopped stocking the shelves. Almost everything I went in for that day was out of stock. I took pictures and emailed them into corporate.

The next week I went in, same thing. There was the paper towel aisle with no paper towels. The Smucker's jam shelf with no jam, just jelly. No beans. No Prego marinara sauce, no wheat pasta. No flour. No sugar! I couldn't believe it. I now go to Target, which is right across the street. It's cleaner, has better clientele, and fully stocked shelves. Their produce is decent, unlike WalMart's which is halfway rotten by the time it hits the shelf.

We gave WalMart a month to stock their shelves, and eventually gave up.

I'm not sure what WalMart is doing, but you can't sell product you don't have.
Here may be the reason the shelves are empty.

Walmart took to charging vendors for product inventories that Walmart keeps in their warehouses.
If the vendors said no then Walmart's warehouses won't have inventory to get out to the shelves in a timely manner.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...uation-savings
In June, Wal-Mart began asking all suppliers to pay fees to store inventory in Wal-Mart warehouses and in some cases has sought to extend the time Wal-Mart takes to pay its vendors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 09:37 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,352 times
Time to buy Walmart stock, they aren't going anywhere.....

Old 10-14-2015, 09:39 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,369,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCguy81 View Post
With the guidance Walmart provided analysts today, is this the "zenith" of their trajectory? Walmart: Wage hikes are killing our profits - Oct. 14, 2015 Thoughts?
I'm sorry..But Imo Walmart has been fleecing their employee's for far too long..and using taxpayer's funds to supplement their employees versus paying a LIVING WAGE..and NOW complain their "Profit Margen is dwindling??

That is not even logical..when they have employees who have worked for slave wages..expected to perform above and beyond..yet..cut their hours so don't have to pay benefits..then wonder WHY?? there is NO Employee loyalty LOL..and Safety Net actually is forced to pay these low income folks in order to live ?? Yet these folks have been bashed and trashed far too long..WHY not look the the Corporate mentality and see why there's companies..Just maybe PROFITS versus needs SHOULD be considered??

It's about friggin' time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Walmart is losing sales to Amazon and grocery stores, did you read the article?
Boo Hooo..This has been actually well known for half decade or more....LOL..Wally Folks just decided to MILK their workforce until they HAD to adjust..meanwhile forgot about the changing dynamics of sales...Wally folks are not alone..Mainstream Stores who had walking traffic..lost big time..for like decades..Thus so many shuttering of them!!

Hate to say it..Walmart has profited far longer than most..and now Boo Hoo cause..They aren't making those BILLIONS thru "Corporate Welfare" subsidies from Taxpayers for their UNDERPAID EMPLOYEES support!!! JMO

IF I was a US citizen..I'd be more pi$$ed with Walmart than anything else..Your tax dollars only enhance stockholders and Corporate profit margins..Anyone else saw NADDA!!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:40 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes I did but Walmart also sells "stuff". The EBT crowd shops at Walmart but they still need their "stuff".

Big Lots profit up as same-store sales rise - MarketWatch
A q1 result? Oh okay

Old 10-14-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I'm sorry..But Imo Walmart has been fleecing their employee's for far too long..and using taxpayer's funds to supplement their employees..and NOW complain their "Profit Margen is dwindling??

That is not even logical..when they have employees who have worked for slave wages..expected to perform above and beyond..yet..cut their hours so don't have to pay benefits..then wonder WHY?? their NO Employee loyalty..and Safety Net actually is forced to pay these low income folks in order to live ??

It's about friggin' time!!

Boo Hooo..This has been actually well known for half decade or more....LOL..Wally Folks just decided to MILK their workforce until they HAD to adjust..meanwhile forgot about the changing dynamics of sales...Wally folks are not alone..Mainstream Stores who had walking traffic..lost big time..for like decades..Thus so many shuttering of them!!

Hate to say it..Walmart has profited far longer than most..and now Boo Hoo cause..They aren't making those BILLIONS thru "Corporate Welfare" subsidies from Taxpayers for their UNDERPAID EMPLOYEES support!!! JMO

IF I was a US citizen..I'd be more pi$$ed with Walmart than anything else..Your tax dollars only enhance stockholders and Corporate profit margins..Anyone else saw NADDA!!
Walmart operates in 27 countries, the US being just one of them.
This is the economics/business forum. Take your political rant to the P&OC forum.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:45 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
A friend of mine told me when they got rid of the material Department that Walmart had reached its peak and was going to start going downhill. Most large retailers rise on certain principles and when they get to be top dog start changing those principles. Once the family turned away from Sam Walton's model this was just the inevitable. Sears, JCPenney's, Kmart, Montgomery Wards, Woolworths, and many other stores went through this.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:45 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,226,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't forget that many cities and states have instituted the min $15/hour law.
By 2017 Walmart will be hit for that.
Reeeallly, how many states?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
A q1 result? Oh okay
No, that Q1 is the result of their restructuring and new focus along with new leadership.
And Big Lots is just one of the many dollar stores out there.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:51 PM

2,993 posts, read 4,300,500 times
I always feel dirty when I leave walmart. Like I just walked through the bowels of humanity. I hate that place and try to avoid buying anything from there whenever possible.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Reeeallly, how many states?
New York state just passed a law for $15/hour min wage. Granted it's not for all because the governor went through his wage board but it's still a state law.

I would have just said cities if it were not for what NYS did last month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business