U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 08:06 AM

88 posts, read 50,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristihines View Post
I see a lot of posts in this forum about the legitimacy of MLM companies, most recently Primerica. If you're interested in network marketing or MLM / multi-level marketing companies, then here are the best five resources to use when researching them.

* The Better Business Bureau (if they are US based or have headquarters in the US).

* The Glassdoor rating and reviews given by current and former employees (including distributors) of what it is like to work with the company.

* The website itself to learn about the company and its products.

* The Facebook page of the company to find out if you have any friends who may be employees, distributors, or customers of the company.

* The LinkedIn page of the company to see if you have any friends who may be employees or distributors of the company.

If you're looking for your first direct sales or MLM opportunity, then I suggest using these sources for the company you are researching to find out if it is a good fit for you.

I hope this helps in your research!
Primerica social media department? Same response on Quora? https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-...nies-a-k-a-MLM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 08:17 AM

3,065 posts, read 5,447,296 times
Is this some kind of trick?

Old 04-11-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
Is this some kind of trick?
Not at all. All MLMs have social media departments with people who pose as "joe the plumber" and visit various forums posting platitudes about the joys of MLM opportunities. They are all over the internet, even posting as new mothers on "new mom" sites, with lines such as "has anybody heard about Primerica? I hear its a great opportunity for stay at home moms!" Its sickening!!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:04 AM

4,613 posts, read 6,330,326 times
Here's what I was told. When looking at a company consider the product and compensation. If a person had to could they make enough from personal sales alone to keep a roof over their head and food on the table.

Consider the payouts on the products or service.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:21 PM

28,906 posts, read 46,046,422 times
Here's how to research MLM schemes.

"Oh, is this MLM? No thanks."

Old 02-10-2017, 05:09 PM

MLM's are too smart to use the word "MLM" nowadays. They prefer Network Marketing or Direct Selling or a Hybrid System etc. The long and short of it is, if someone asks you to attend some vague information session....run the other way.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:53 AM

4,613 posts, read 6,330,326 times
Do people know in the MLM world there are incentive trips or people who do build a business do have an option of passing on the book of business or be sold at death?

People can yell scam all day but for all that say no there are some people making good money. There's a saying the MLM world can find a place for people from jail to Yale and all in between. Those who want a chance can get a chance.

As for companies such as Primerica they are highly regulated and to market financial products requires a licence. If your against sales stay away. If you want a chance to do something big of course no guarantee find a company with a product or service you like and make an educated decision.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:42 AM

1,294 posts, read 784,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Do people know in the MLM world there are incentive trips or people who do build a business do have an option of passing on the book of business or be sold at death?

People can yell scam all day but for all that say no there are some people making good money. There's a saying the MLM world can find a place for people from jail to Yale and all in between. Those who want a chance can get a chance.

As for companies such as Primerica they are highly regulated and to market financial products requires a licence. If your against sales stay away. If you want a chance to do something big of course no guarantee find a company with a product or service you like and make an educated decision.
Sounds like you drank the Kool-Aid.

I'll say this about Primerica... I've been approached by them at least a half dozen times to be an employee. I've never once been approached to be a customer. Want kind of company recruits employees harder than they do customers? Also, is there anyone who Primerica WON'T hire as an employee? How lucrative can this "oppotunity" be if it's available to everyone?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 AM

5,577 posts, read 1,950,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
My opinion is to avoid all network marketing opportunities.
+1,247,946.

MLMs always have a few winners who never shut up about it (because they're recruiting, duh) and some number who do okay, usually in early years. But the time, money and risk is almost always better spent somewhere else.

The only get-rich-quick scheme that works involves a note, a gun and a bank teller. Risk is proportional, but hey - either you get a pile or you get your living costs taken care of for 10-25.

Old 01-27-2018, 11:32 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,636,625 times
I bought some stock in this company. Great fundamentals IMO
I also have some investment in my local gas utility. Great fundamentals there too
Also have some TCEHY. 500 million people can't be all wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business