Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 02:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,568 times

Advertisements

Hey there guys . Got a friend trying to get me to join Aegon/WFG to work for him and also buy some life insurance retirement plan. I have heard this is a Big Scam (pyramid) . I know on this website here it was talked about back in 2007 . Which scares me meaning its still going on. My BIGGEST QUESTION IS !!. No one not even he can answer me this. HAS ANYONE YOU KNOW RETIRED OFF OF THIS ??

any info new or old will be appreciated thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 12:59 AM

2,156 posts, read 3,316,162 times
WFG is an IMO/FMO in the insurance industry. They are contracted with real insurance companies, selling real life insurance products. A lot of people like to call it scam because they don't understand how the insurance industry works, especially on the independent side. In the insurance industry, it is regulated by our gov't. So in a real sense, technically, they are NOT a scam. They are a legit and very large insurance agency. So, if you bought life insurance from WFG agents, you die, you are covered.

Now, should you buy life insurance from WFG agents? They aren't the most educated and trained agents. They just aren't. They don't properly train their agents. Their agents for the most part do not know the ins and out of insurance products. A few may know but the majority agents...they just don't know.

Should you use life insurance as a savings plan for retirement? Some thinks it's a great idea. A lot of people thinks it's a bad idea. You'll have to do your own research to come to a conclusion and I don't mean just google. Uneducated people's opinions spread across the web don't count. You'll have to read it from real experts on both side and come to your own conclusion. I have both term and permanent insurance. There is a reason why I have them. But my reasons are my own. I believe in never putting everything in one basket. My wife and I have our money in other various things, for example stocks, 401K, IRAs, etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business