U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,625 times

Advertisements

I have done both Pre-paid legal and Ameriplan!

Pre-paid Legal is an ok company, but I just couldn't get it off the ground.

I have been with Ameriplan for about 6 years now, I don't make $100,000 a year in residual income but I do make close to $2000 a month in residual income.

I have helped many families save on there healthcare over the last 6 years and they are still with me today... I am proud to be an Ameriplan IBO because I believe in what I'm doing!

Hope this helps and good luck!

To Your Success,
Ann

Old 03-01-2007, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 10,608 times
Question Questions unanswered

Hi Everyone,
I am checking into both Ameriplan and Prepaid legal; deciding if either is going to be right for me and my wife. I have read bad reports about Ameriplan on ripoffreport.com, and good reports here. So far very little about Prepaid legal.
So my questions to those happy with Ameriplan; How long have you been doing it? What do you know about the providers in the network? What kind of retention rate have you had? Are the rates really discounts or are they discounts because the rate to plan members is shown to be a discount for an inflated rate that no one pays?
A bit long winded but I think it is important to get the facts.
Thank you in hopeful anticipation.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 AM

6,351 posts, read 13,260,186 times
As a truck driver, there are several prepaid legal plans available in my industry (mostly for traffic tickets). In ten years of trucking, I've only gotten one moving violation ticket (and several other truck-type violations i.e. overweight, not on truck route, etc; not worth fighting) so I feel that prepaid legal service for that is not really worth the money (For the moving violation, I hired a law firm allied with the driver's association I belong to) Knock on wood, my wife, kitty cat and I haven't run into anything we've needed a lawyer for. (Had wills drawn up by the base legal beagles since I'm retired military) Best of luck, All!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 AM

2,797 posts, read 4,665,758 times
What did you think of the Ameriplan lawyers? Did they seem happy to have the (below-market-rates) business? Did they go out of their way to provide good service or did they seem to want to crank through your case as quickly as possible to collect a fee? Did they try to sell you other services at their normal hourly or flat fee rates?

Old 04-17-2007, 09:25 PM

1 posts, read 10,649 times
Smile Ameriplan response

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbound07 View Post
I hope I am posting this in the right spot. I was looking for something I could do from home and have been contacted with numerous people trying to get me to sell something. However, two didn't sound too bad. Prepaid legal and Ameriplan, I was wondering if any of you out there have heard anything good / bad or had any experiences good / bad with either of these companies. I need to earn a little bit of money, but can't really get back into the normal (that was really not the word I wanted to use) workforce or routine.

PLEASE ADVISE!!
Hello,
I just started working for Ameriplan about 6 months ago and I can see where the money can be made. I work from home and its wonderful. I can set my own hours and as soon as I saw my first check come in from Ameriplan I was so excited because it was so easy. That made me even more motivated to make more and that is what I am doing. Just like anything else, if you want to make money, you have to work at it and follow the yellow brick road.
Hope this helps. If you are still interested in working for Ameriplan, I would be happy to have you on our team.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 PM

2,830 posts, read 8,886,675 times
A couple of outfits tried to sell us a prepaid legal plan - I thought it was rubbish and so do other small business owners that I know.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 13,880 times
Post I would recommend reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
A couple of outfits tried to sell us a prepaid legal plan - I thought it was rubbish and so do other small business owners that I know.
a book by Robert Kiyosaki called The Business School for those who like helping people.

Then, I would recommend paying full price for an attorney. If you are rich, you do. If you are not rich, you don't. It only makes sense to have some coverage then none at all? Do you not have health insurance? It can be the worst company in the world, but you rather have it then be out there and need it.

I am bias, just to let you know, I have been a successful associate of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc for almost 3 years now, and a member for 5. The same way I would keep my health insurance for many years and hopes not to get sick, I have my legal insurance, but have to use it all the time. Again, I am not here to sell you, but if 80% of individuals in a few different countries in Europe have a legal plan, so will 80% of Americans. We are near 3 or so percent? That is a clue for anyone that knows anything about business and timing.

If you need any more insight, don't hesitate. Or, just check with the Securities and Exchange commission since we are publicly traded.

Sincerely,
Rachel M. J. Ray

Old 05-02-2007, 09:17 PM

4 posts, read 17,781 times
Default Network marketing Biz

Every network marketing company has pros and cons. Some more cons than pros but the bottom line to have any success in any company is you must believe in the product.

I have a family member that is starting out with Ameriplan. Ameriplan looks very similar to Pre-Paid Legal. I have been an associate of PPL for close to a year now and I will say it has delivered what I could expect from the time I have spent working the program.

Every company that is generating a significant amount of gross income will certainly draw attention. Good or bad they will draw attention. The numbers don't lie though. When I started with PPL their stock was 24.00 points a share. You don't need to take my word for it you can look it up yourself but PPL closed at 59.00 today. Symbol is PPD on the NYSE.

Identity theft, Legal plans for individuals and small business plus the affiliation with Go Small Biz which is a business resource makes PPL a good money earner. Basically what PPL has done is they found a need and filled that need. The same is true for Ameriplan.

I noticed that someone mentioned that PPL used to the Peoples network. That is incorrect. The peoples network merged with PPL. PPL was only available through agents who worked very similar like an insurance agent. The founder of the peoples network brought the network marketing side to PPL.

Another huge endorser of PPL is John Adams. John Adams is the CEO of Primerica. You will notice that Primerica, Ameriplan and PPL are very similar in structure and in compensation from an associate stand point.

The only factor is you. Does insurance sound like a good industry to get involved with?

About ripoff.com website. I have read many post about PPL there. From my take on what has been said is that the negative responses are about the associates of PPL but not PPL itself. There were only a few that complained about the service but after further investigating I found that the client had misunderstood the services.

I hope you find useful and helpful.

1nspire

Feel free to ask me any questions about this post or anything for that matter. I check my forums in the evening and I believe in the motto "if you help enough people get what they want, then you will get what you want".

Old 05-12-2007, 11:07 PM

1 posts, read 10,283 times
I also wanted to post about Ameriplan. Rip off report has a lot of negative comments, but all becuase of people not understanding what Ameriplan is & does. I am an IBO with them. They have always paid me & they are always doing more great things for their members & business owners. I highly recommend them. Also, if anyone has questions, you can email me!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:03 PM

6 posts, read 24,952 times
You can make money with PPL, but only if you sell your soul to the business.

They try to tell you to "build the business in your spare-time" and "build time freedom to spend with your family" but in all reality, like any other business you have to be committed to it 24/7 to keep it afloat. Or even to watch it sink, for that matter.

And get ready for sitting through endless hours and hours and hours and hours of Rah-Rah meetings, conference calls, conventions, luncheons, trainings, etc. that eat up your free time faster than Oprah does doughnuts. Need a break this weekend to recover? Sorry, there's a "Super Saturday" that you MUST be at if you're SERIOUS about YOUR business. And you have to be "on call" to answer questions from your "downline" pretty much 24/7. Oh, not to mention that you have to treat each and every person you meet as a "prospect".

I know some folks that have mades some money in PPL, but most quit at some point because it's so exausting and you sacrifice so much for so little in return. I know I got to the point where I got physically sick at the thought of sitting through even one more "briefing". Just thinking about those "hotel meetings" makes me want to puke right now.

If you are really, truly, committed to it, it might work, but don't buy the BS that they sell that you can build the business in your free time. It's much, much more involved than that if you want to make any money beyond your first 3-4 memberships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business