Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 06:05 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I'm not sure how your responses honestly refuted what I said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard
Some persons posses little or no social skills. Being employed in an office workplace environment is difficult for the non-skilled social person. I'm 61 years old and I can tell you that going to a job that you hate is not a good thing, no matter the paycheck. I have quit several jobs with little or no notice because it was an overwhelming and stressful effort just to arrive at work on a daily basis. Hating one's job or place of employment makes for a bad employee and bad employer-employee relations; been there, done that.

The type of person described in the story would be better served personally, socially and financially if she were self-employed and/or was in an independent contractor relationship with little or no oversight or social contacts.
I'm not refuting your response, I simply amplified it based upon my personal work experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business