U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 01:54 PM

6,137 posts, read 8,378,945 times

Advertisements

I'm referring more to online jobs and also phone app related ways of making money. If you have tried some what has been your experience with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 02:32 PM

5,140 posts, read 4,568,556 times
Was easy.

Made a webpage and sent out some feelers on enthusiast forums I'd been active on for while. In a month I had more business than I wanted.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:50 AM

2,833 posts, read 2,078,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
Was easy.

Made a webpage and sent out some feelers on enthusiast forums I'd been active on for while. In a month I had more business than I wanted.
Do you sell a product or service?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:45 AM

5,140 posts, read 4,568,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Do you sell a product or service?
Both. Probably more product oriented (craft). I had to get a business license and sign up with wholesale vendors for parts as well, buy packing materials, etc.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:48 AM

325 posts, read 107,901 times
Anyone can make a living buying/selling items on Craigslist.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:04 PM

9 posts, read 4,634 times
I did try freelancing once. Though now, I own a blog page generating profits.
I did not work a full 8-hour shift during my freelancing days, of course the pay isn't as the same as a full time job. As for my webpage, I am currently thinking of making a mobile app for it. I do work on it at least 7 hours a day.

Last edited by Lucas1596; 12-12-2017 at 09:13 PM..

Old 12-14-2017, 11:58 AM

3,872 posts, read 3,952,527 times
Anything marketed as a "work at home" job for the most part is a scam. You can make money at home doing things like affiliate marketing, blogging, youtube, you can teach english to chinese elementary school students for like $17 an hour. There's lots of opportunities but most heavily advertised are scams. FYI don't signup to stuff any envelopes

Old 12-14-2017, 08:52 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,410,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Anything marketed as a "work at home" job for the most part is a scam. You can make money at home doing things like affiliate marketing, blogging, youtube, you can teach english to chinese elementary school students for like $17 an hour. There's lots of opportunities but most heavily advertised are scams. FYI don't signup to stuff any envelopes

Yep! All Scams, especially coming from Craigslist. The stuff any envelopes scam have shifted to opening your email for money now. You pay a fee to a person posting on Craigslist about making money processing email. Once you pay, they tell you to copy and paste "Making Money processing email" and now you have permission to scam someone else to pay you so they can have permission from you to scam someone else. .

I always tell people...If making money was so easy, we all be making money and none of us would be working. It's call work for a reason.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 AM

3,872 posts, read 3,952,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
Yep! All Scams, especially coming from Craigslist. The stuff any envelopes scam have shifted to opening your email for money now. You pay a fee to a person posting on Craigslist about making money processing email. Once you pay, they tell you to copy and paste "Making Money processing email" and now you have permission to scam someone else to pay you so they can have permission from you to scam someone else. .

I always tell people...If making money was so easy, we all be making money and none of us would be working. It's call work for a reason.
One thing I want to stress for anyone curious about doing something from home, you can make really decent money but you have to be creative and find the opportunities and then put in the work, don't seek out "work from home" opportunities.

I personally do affiliate marketing. One program sends me like $200 to $600 per month dependong upon how many signups I get. Another Ali Express affiliate program is good for about $100 per month, on a great month maybe $800. Amazon affiliate program is about $50. I make about $3,000 a month from creating content on Youtube. I have two other affiliate programs that are good for $200 to $500 per month. I tried teaching kids English online, kids in China, that made $17 per hour but you had to be up teaching during the hours of 3am to 6am.

You can also freelance on a site like Fiverr, anything from assistant type work to graphic design, web design, all types of stuff.

Old 12-15-2017, 01:46 PM

307 posts, read 202,904 times
Hi Motion,

There are at least 5 highly legitimate types of work-from-home opportunities out there. Of course these are still main stream professional businesses which real-life companies are out their running. The internet has just made it possible to do them from home (hence the title) and accessible to people like yourself and I.

Anyways, I would say check them all out and decide which one fits your personality or background. They include:

1. Amazon FBA
2. eBay
3. Affiliate Marketing
4. Blogging
5. Social Media Marketing.

There's a few courses out there on Udemy.com that explains each in further detail and how to get started. Three things you'll want to keep in mind.

a) They're not scams and need effort from you to work.
b) Take the course from Udemy.com (from $10 - $20 bucks) instead of the overpriced courses being pitched on YouTube for $997 - $5000. They Udemy courses are just as good if not better.
c) There is a tremendous support community out there with people just like yourself in various stages of these opportunities who are all out there helping each other out for free! (mostly Facebook groups and internet forums)

Anyway, I thought to share my 2-cents as they say. Just a co-incidence that I saw your post. Be sure you have fun!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business