U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 PM

10,807 posts, read 3,340,977 times

Advertisements

I have been buying from ebay a lot recently. And some times the pkg comes the next day and boxed in Amazon fulfillment pkg from Las Vegas. This has happened a few times, buy from ebay sent from amazon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 PM

4,808 posts, read 3,576,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have been buying from ebay a lot recently. And some times the pkg comes the next day and boxed in Amazon fulfillment pkg from Las Vegas. This has happened a few times, buy from ebay sent from amazon....
Basically you bought from a middleman. You buy on Ebay, they buy from Amazon and ship to you directly from Amazon. Itís been going on for years.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:55 PM

18,901 posts, read 22,114,909 times
I suggest that before you hit the buy- it- now button, you take 15 seconds to peek and see what it costs on Amazon.

Your seller is using "drop shipping" which means your purchase is shipped directly to you from the manufacturer or wholesaler. The seller never takes possession of the item.

Often on ebay (99.99% of the time) I would see that all of the pet items were priced substantially more than they were priced on a pet supply website. I suspect that might be so for many other items. So take a quick look around before you buy.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 PM

10,807 posts, read 3,340,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I suggest that before you hit the buy- it- now button, you take 15 seconds to peek and see what it costs on Amazon.

Your seller is using "drop shipping" which means your purchase is shipped directly to you from the manufacturer or wholesaler. The seller never takes possession of the item.

Often on ebay (99.99% of the time) I would see that all of the pet items were priced substantially more than they were priced on a pet supply website. I suspect that might be so for many other items. So take a quick look around before you buy.
What I buy on ebay is always less than Amazon and free shipping on any amount. I don't subscribe to Prime as I don't buy tons of stuff from these companies, so with Amazon one has to spend $49 for free shipping...but what I buy on ebay it is free...on about everything, or a $2 shipping. And delivery is like 2 days give or take.

Old Today, 07:37 PM

3,743 posts, read 2,255,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What I buy on ebay is always less than Amazon and free shipping on any amount. I don't subscribe to Prime as I don't buy tons of stuff from these companies, so with Amazon one has to spend $49 for free shipping...but what I buy on ebay it is free...on about everything, or a $2 shipping. And delivery is like 2 days give or take.
Your dropshipper is using his Prime account to ship to you.

If Amazon catches him -- and sometimes they do -- he will be banned for life from Amazon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business