U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 PM
 
18,991 posts, read 6,223,451 times
Reputation: 12789

Advertisements

I have been buying from ebay a lot recently. And some times the pkg comes the next day and boxed in Amazon fulfillment pkg from Las Vegas. This has happened a few times, buy from ebay sent from amazon....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 PM
 
5,607 posts, read 4,172,907 times
Reputation: 12353
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have been buying from ebay a lot recently. And some times the pkg comes the next day and boxed in Amazon fulfillment pkg from Las Vegas. This has happened a few times, buy from ebay sent from amazon....
Basically you bought from a middleman. You buy on Ebay, they buy from Amazon and ship to you directly from Amazon. Itís been going on for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2018, 09:55 PM
 
Location: North Idaho
21,037 posts, read 25,886,860 times
Reputation: 39516
I suggest that before you hit the buy- it- now button, you take 15 seconds to peek and see what it costs on Amazon.

Your seller is using "drop shipping" which means your purchase is shipped directly to you from the manufacturer or wholesaler. The seller never takes possession of the item.

Often on ebay (99.99% of the time) I would see that all of the pet items were priced substantially more than they were priced on a pet supply website. I suspect that might be so for many other items. So take a quick look around before you buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 PM
 
18,991 posts, read 6,223,451 times
Reputation: 12789
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I suggest that before you hit the buy- it- now button, you take 15 seconds to peek and see what it costs on Amazon.

Your seller is using "drop shipping" which means your purchase is shipped directly to you from the manufacturer or wholesaler. The seller never takes possession of the item.

Often on ebay (99.99% of the time) I would see that all of the pet items were priced substantially more than they were priced on a pet supply website. I suspect that might be so for many other items. So take a quick look around before you buy.
What I buy on ebay is always less than Amazon and free shipping on any amount. I don't subscribe to Prime as I don't buy tons of stuff from these companies, so with Amazon one has to spend $49 for free shipping...but what I buy on ebay it is free...on about everything, or a $2 shipping. And delivery is like 2 days give or take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2018, 07:37 PM
 
5,476 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Reputation: 20674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
What I buy on ebay is always less than Amazon and free shipping on any amount. I don't subscribe to Prime as I don't buy tons of stuff from these companies, so with Amazon one has to spend $49 for free shipping...but what I buy on ebay it is free...on about everything, or a $2 shipping. And delivery is like 2 days give or take.
Your dropshipper is using his Prime account to ship to you.

If Amazon catches him -- and sometimes they do -- he will be banned for life from Amazon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top