Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 11:29 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times

Advertisements

Cutting marginal corporate rates and discussing that is a slight distraction. The delta that may occur or the degree of which that matters is what companies will see at the effective rates. That’s like me celebrating my marginal rate dropping from 28% to 20% and my effective going from 15% to 14%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energystream View Post
I am for some corporate tax cut, but then I am invested.

Companies have a duty to shareholders, not workers. While this may provide an uptick in salaries and jobs, especially at smaller and mid sized companies, large corporations are another matter.

All of sudden reducing taxes, will not deter them for maximizing efficiency. Key roles and employees will have better compensation. However with the capital investment deduction changes, it might make more sense to spend the money on automation vs hiring people.

Hopefully the changes can help smaller and mid sized companies compete as they will be the drivers of job hiring. If in the end it benefits larger corporations, they will consume the competition. It already happens, but it may get worse.
Thats the effn problem. So u want to cut corp tax so these "shareholders" can get fatter wallets? and the worker gets what? nothing.. Name me one business that will give out raises to EMPLOYEES before shareholders if they are given a cut now..

ill sit and wait. .

Old 02-01-2018, 06:20 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Well, if you're in the stock market and working, you're both an employee and a shareholder so Win-Win! I just got a nice raise in my last paycheck and my stocks are rockin'. Go Trump!

Old 02-02-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Well, if you're in the stock market and working, you're both an employee and a shareholder so Win-Win! I just got a nice raise in my last paycheck and my stocks are rockin'. Go Trump!
Sorry but i dont buy in to the market were all the lies and its fake speculations happens. Much less most dont have the funds to even get a good return on share.

With that said, i have 5 shares in Snap and seems to be steady.. till then it sitting their.

Back to the point..

Old 02-02-2018, 12:09 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Sorry but i dont buy in to the market were all the lies and its fake speculations happens. Much less most dont have the funds to even get a good return on share.

With that said, i have 5 shares in Snap and seems to be steady.. till then it sitting their.

Back to the point..
Not for nothing, but refusing to be a shareholder and criticizing shareholders for being successful is a bit silly. It's similar to a voluntarily unemployed person criticizing an employed person for having money.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:57 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,751,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Not for nothing, but refusing to be a shareholder and criticizing shareholders for being successful is a bit silly. It's similar to a voluntarily unemployed person criticizing an employed person for having money.
No, it's more like refusing to be a slave owner and criticizing slaveholders.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:54 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,075 times
CentuyLink told its employees 2 weeks before Christmas , there will be no Christmas bonus this year , Then a week later , there will be no raises next year, then a week later , there will be no Annual bonus next year, then proceeded to lay off hundreds in Jan 2018. Yet the top executives received millions in " integration bonuses " for the merger with Level 3.
It's not personal it's just business . The stock price fell to a new low.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
CentuyLink told its employees 2 weeks before Christmas , there will be no Christmas bonus this year , Then a week later , there will be no raises next year, then a week later , there will be no Annual bonus next year, then proceeded to lay off hundreds in Jan 2018. Yet the top executives received millions in " integration bonuses " for the merger with Level 3.
It's not personal it's just business . The stock price fell to a new low.
So those executives shouldnt get paid any bonus if their employees isnt. If they had to sell out to Level 3 then their CEO or board didnt do business correctly and over paid their office people.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:20 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,211,328 times
As an employer it makes far more sense for me to give a one-time bonus to my employees than a raise. If I can get good publicity for doing so, even better.

Old 02-15-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
As an employer it makes far more sense for me to give a one-time bonus to my employees than a raise. If I can get good publicity for doing so, even better.
So u keep the savings? and not distribute it. I get it you want to gain some profit, but in the long term its better for the employee to get in a raise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business