U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2019, 06:18 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,617,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Beginning in May 2019, Paypal which is no longer owned by eBay will be keep all fees after a refund. This means that if a customer buys a $100 item off eBay from you and returns it back to you. Not only will you have to refund the customer but Paypal keeps all of the fees. The fees are $0.30 + 3%, which means they are keeping over $3 in fees.
That's interesting, I haven't seen that policy change. However, that just brings them in line with most all other credit card processors who don't give refunds on fees for returns.

It's one of the costs of doing business.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 07:12 AM

698 posts, read 337,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjustin2 View Post
Well are there still people making at least decent part time money for doing it full time? Example doing 8-10 hours a day finding products and buying it by driving there and then selling and able to make say 1k a month? Obviously that is very little if you look at hourly wage. But are there ppl that make 2k plus or 3k plus a month consistently?
We sell $3000-$5000 a year on eBay and have for almost 18 years. Do the math. That is nice extra income.
Itís not as hard as some people portray it. Yes, youíll have a return or a bad buyer in 1 out of 100 transactions, but that is just business. Suck it up buttercup. We spend less than 4 hours a month doing it.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:58 PM

4,651 posts, read 6,023,089 times
Let Go and Facebook marketplace is going to kill eBay for small time sellers.

My sister will buy junk at yard sales, then sell it on Let Go.

Example, she bought some kind of foot soaking tub thing for $2 at a yard sale still in the box, sold it for $15 on Let Go.

Met the buyer at the gas station across from her apartment. No printing a label, no fees, no going to the post office etc.

She's not making a living doing this tho. Pocket money maybe.

Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 PM

1 posts, read 101 times
Why people dont go to the official website of the product where they actually get what they actually looking for

Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 AM

4,976 posts, read 6,178,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepickle View Post
Why people dont go to the official website of the product where they actually get what they actually looking for
If by official site, you mean the manufacturer's, publisher's, etc. site, you will typically pay list price. Manufacturers sell through a distribution network where largest retailers/distributors get the biggest discount from list price. The manufacturer does not want to undercut his distribution network. There are some exceptions to this such as overstock inventory where a distributor wants to get rid of excess inventory.

I recently bought a basketball and basketball shoes online. The basketball manufacturer (Wilson), was very competitive with the cheapest prices I could find online. There is not much discounting with this product. With basketball shoes, there were always cheaper prices from online retailers as opposed to direct from manufacturers such as Nike and Adidas.

Old 04-13-2019, 01:49 PM

115 posts, read 31,889 times
Ebay's been relisting my EXPIRED items against my will.

I average about $1000-1050 a mo in actual profit.
Starting to seek out selling my items in a general store not far from our home.
Also honestly, listing less on Ebay soon as their combined fees w/ Paypal are much higher
Amazon cut me out of the majority of categories to formerly sell in...so I haven't made a sale in a long time
November is lower as I only sold for half the month.
April records lower since it's only April 12th today but is on track, overall
Attached Thumbnails
Buying/Selling on Ebay/Amazon-screen-shot-2019-04-13-12.44.22  

Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLakota View Post
Ebay's been relisting my EXPIRED items against my will.

I average about $1000-1050 a mo in actual profit.
Starting to seek out selling my items in a general store not far from our home.
Also honestly, listing less on Ebay soon as their combined fees w/ Paypal are much higher
Amazon cut me out of the majority of categories to formerly sell in...so I haven't made a sale in a long time
November is lower as I only sold for half the month.
April records lower since it's only April 12th today but is on track, overall
You control your listing. You can end it at any time.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepickle View Post
A lot of listings on eBay are collectibles, one of a kind, hard to find, used, old stock, etc. There are no official sites for these items.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
You control your listing. You can end it at any time.

Again, "EBAY's been relisting my EXPIRED items against my will"

Old 04-13-2019, 08:34 PM

dup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or