U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 04:45 PM

2 posts, read 733 times

Advertisements

eived a 4 quart Tools of the Trade CookRight pot as a gift. I have used it a great number of times. This last time using it the bottom plate for even heating came off. Macy's used to stand for quality. Mother looked for the receipt but to no avail. It has been 3 months regardless. 80% of my cookware has come from Macy's but can not purchase items that fail. Being a veteran who is disabled cooking is my past time. I spend all my time in the kitchen trying new things and inventing. As a matter of fact i was making my own homemade corn syrup from actual corn on the cob when this pot failed me. Such a shame. I have a picture of the bottom plate if you would like to see. Take care.

Hi Dave . Thanks for reaching out. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We appreciate your patience.
Hello,
Can you send us a picture of the item, the location of the store, and the location the item was purchased at? Thank you, AH
5:00PM
can see where the spot welds let loose. like i said i got some great use out of it but didn't last as long as it should have for the price.
Will have to defiantly warn my cooking group and followers. this could have ended in an injury if i had not been standing next to it.
I stand corrected. It was bough as a single pot along with three other separate pieces. Sorry for the confusion.

We need to verify your purchase before we proceed with any assistance. Please provide the order number if bought online or a picture of the store receipt.

ML@MACYS
6:22PM
not looking for any compensation. told you in my first post got it as a gift and mother did not see any reason to kept a receipt for a pot. i also said it has been two months. this was to inform you of a product you sold that is faulty. i have already began to warn people who follow my cooking and fellow vets who i share tips with.
i will set the other pieces aside and buy other cookware from Amazon.
notified my youtube channel and my facebook followers. don't want anyone to get hurt by boiling in it.
This was part of a set. Not sure how many other pieces will fail. Worried to use in case the whole lot is faulty.

Thank you for letting us know about the damaged pot. I'm glad no one was hurt. We truly apologize for the situation and wish there was more we could do to help. I will make sure the buyer is aware of the issue so that they can relay it to the manufacturing team. -KBE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 PM

8,768 posts, read 10,342,515 times
Seems they handled the situation appropriately.

I do belive you may have milked the disabled veteran a bit too much and came off as threatening them with unnecessary bad publicly, but if ti works for you...

Old 08-07-2018, 05:54 AM

2 posts, read 733 times
and i handled the situation appropriately. i am a member of a veteran cooking group. you seem to be jealous of something or just have the need to hate. if you can read please read again. i asked for no compensation. it was a fyi only message. i have passed the info to everyone that follows me and our group. i don't want anyone to get hurt by a fire. you can continue to hate life but i want myself and others to live to enjoy watching people like you. lol. have a wonderful day. oh, i didn't threaten. i took action. not empty words like you pass along. maybe if you lost a few lbs you would feel better. try cooking healthier.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 PM

8,768 posts, read 10,342,515 times
Oh Dave, is that the best you can do? Resort to name calling? That is so pitiful and actual really shameful if in fact you are a real veteran. I guess men pulling this tired old disabled veteran card is all some have to use. But, if it makes you happy, would you like me to start crying so you can feel like a "real" man? Sadly if you think what you did was some type of major accomplishment and struck a blow against the evil corporations, well it says a lot about the worth of a person if that's all they have to be proud of. Anyway, If we never communicate again, from a combat disabled veteran to you, Happy Veteran's Day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or