U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 PM
 
Location: California
216 posts, read 68,582 times
Reputation: 136

Advertisements

I have credit lines but no luck in finding any freelance help with what I need done right the first time.

Any suggestions are appreciated

I have all of the ideas moving forward but I only have 2 hands and 1 brain.

A also believe in Union Breaks and FMLA etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2018, 11:19 PM
 
20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Reputation: 13111
Well, you're the one hiring nonprofessional translators for disgraceful rates and thinking you're going to pay your neighbors in beer to check their work. That should tell you something right there. Maybe you need to get some basic business training before you move forward. When it comes to finding freelancers, the cheapest route is rarely the best.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-15-2018 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 07:10 AM
 
3,266 posts, read 2,335,410 times
Reputation: 5622
Is this your job or your own business? In your other post you said this:

"I work for a book publishing company related to the Construction Industry. "

It's hard for us to help if you're not clear about your situation. Do you work full time for this company?

Just like above, you say you only have two hands but then you talk about FMLA and Union Breaks? That suggests that your company is established with several employees. If that's true, your issue is one of business planning and delegating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
57 posts, read 29,149 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, you're the one hiring nonprofessional translators for disgraceful rates and thinking you're going to pay your neighbors in beer to check their work. That should tell you something right there. Maybe you need to get some basic business training before you move forward. When it comes to finding freelancers, the cheapest route is rarely the best.
Seconded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2018, 04:48 PM
 
Location: NJ
22,668 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Reputation: 14606
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I have credit lines but no luck in finding any freelance help with what I need done right the first time.

Any suggestions are appreciated

I have all of the ideas moving forward but I only have 2 hands and 1 brain.

A also believe in Union Breaks and FMLA etc...
freelance help with what?

you dont have to believe in FLMA, its the law. im not sure what you mean by "union breaks" if you are a sole proprietor looking to get freelancers to help.

i wish you luck but im concerned about you. like the other person said, more detail would make it easier to give a better recommendation.

we use freelancers for web stuff (web site/pay per click/lead generation, etc.) and getting it right the first time is a dream. you try to make smart choices and get a little better each time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 PM
 
Location: California
216 posts, read 68,582 times
Reputation: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Is this your job or your own business? In your other post you said this:

"I work for a book publishing company related to the Construction Industry. "

It's hard for us to help if you're not clear about your situation. Do you work full time for this company?

Just like above, you say you only have two hands but then you talk about FMLA and Union Breaks? That suggests that your company is established with several employees. If that's true, your issue is one of business planning and delegating.
I used to work in the Union Local IBEW 465. As of now, I have acquired this book publishing construction company, I work from home with zero employees. The work is tedious, but a fun business to have acquired. I feel very Blessed.
I also co own commercial property with my sibling under prop 13 near my home town of Agoura Hills.


Tired now, good night City Data
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2018, 09:11 AM
 
Location: NJ
22,668 posts, read 28,551,950 times
Reputation: 14606
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I used to work in the Union Local IBEW 465. As of now, I have acquired this book publishing construction company, I work from home with zero employees. The work is tedious, but a fun business to have acquired. I feel very Blessed.
I also co own commercial property with my sibling under prop 13 near my home town of Agoura Hills.


Tired now, good night City Data
so if you dont have employees, you dont have to worry about FMLA or union breaks. when you get employees you can start thinking about how generous you want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2018, 04:06 AM
 
3 posts, read 135 times
Reputation: 10
Default Success Keys to Grow Your Business

According to me, you should prefer the best strategy for grow your business. If you really want to grow your business so please follow the Seven Keys to Growing Your Business:

1. The Product Must Satisfy an Immediate Need.

2. Offer Good Quality at a Fair Price.

3. Be Careful With Your Money.

4. Income Is Essential.

5. Watch Your Cash Carefully.

6. Boost Your Marketing.

7. Offering Is the Core Skill of a Successful Business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top