Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 09:45 PM

987 posts, read 778,594 times

Advertisements

I have credit lines but no luck in finding any freelance help with what I need done right the first time.

Any suggestions are appreciated

I have all of the ideas moving forward but I only have 2 hands and 1 brain.

A also believe in Union Breaks and FMLA etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 11:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Well, you're the one hiring nonprofessional translators for disgraceful rates and thinking you're going to pay your neighbors in beer to check their work. That should tell you something right there. Maybe you need to get some basic business training before you move forward. When it comes to finding freelancers, the cheapest route is rarely the best.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-15-2018 at 11:46 PM..

Old 09-17-2018, 07:10 AM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Is this your job or your own business? In your other post you said this:

"I work for a book publishing company related to the Construction Industry. "

It's hard for us to help if you're not clear about your situation. Do you work full time for this company?

Just like above, you say you only have two hands but then you talk about FMLA and Union Breaks? That suggests that your company is established with several employees. If that's true, your issue is one of business planning and delegating.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:41 AM

57 posts, read 65,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Well, you're the one hiring nonprofessional translators for disgraceful rates and thinking you're going to pay your neighbors in beer to check their work. That should tell you something right there. Maybe you need to get some basic business training before you move forward. When it comes to finding freelancers, the cheapest route is rarely the best.
Seconded

Old 09-17-2018, 04:48 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I have credit lines but no luck in finding any freelance help with what I need done right the first time.

Any suggestions are appreciated

I have all of the ideas moving forward but I only have 2 hands and 1 brain.

A also believe in Union Breaks and FMLA etc...
freelance help with what?

you dont have to believe in FLMA, its the law. im not sure what you mean by "union breaks" if you are a sole proprietor looking to get freelancers to help.

i wish you luck but im concerned about you. like the other person said, more detail would make it easier to give a better recommendation.

we use freelancers for web stuff (web site/pay per click/lead generation, etc.) and getting it right the first time is a dream. you try to make smart choices and get a little better each time.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 PM

987 posts, read 778,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Is this your job or your own business? In your other post you said this:

"I work for a book publishing company related to the Construction Industry. "

It's hard for us to help if you're not clear about your situation. Do you work full time for this company?

Just like above, you say you only have two hands but then you talk about FMLA and Union Breaks? That suggests that your company is established with several employees. If that's true, your issue is one of business planning and delegating.
I used to work in the Union Local IBEW 465. As of now, I have acquired this book publishing construction company, I work from home with zero employees. The work is tedious, but a fun business to have acquired. I feel very Blessed.
I also co own commercial property with my sibling under prop 13 near my home town of Agoura Hills.

Tired now, good night City Data

Old 09-21-2018, 09:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I used to work in the Union Local IBEW 465. As of now, I have acquired this book publishing construction company, I work from home with zero employees. The work is tedious, but a fun business to have acquired. I feel very Blessed.
I also co own commercial property with my sibling under prop 13 near my home town of Agoura Hills.

Tired now, good night City Data
so if you dont have employees, you dont have to worry about FMLA or union breaks. when you get employees you can start thinking about how generous you want to be.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:06 AM

5 posts, read 5,261 times
Default Success Keys to Grow Your Business

According to me, you should prefer the best strategy for grow your business. If you really want to grow your business so please follow the Seven Keys to Growing Your Business:

1. The Product Must Satisfy an Immediate Need.

2. Offer Good Quality at a Fair Price.

3. Be Careful With Your Money.

4. Income Is Essential.

5. Watch Your Cash Carefully.

6. Boost Your Marketing.

7. Offering Is the Core Skill of a Successful Business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business