Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 03:13 PM

605 posts, read 335,298 times

Advertisements

I found an ongoing source for supplements including vitamins all with long enough expiration dates
Should add a few hundred dollars a month. 6 hrs off off in between my two 18 hr shifts with nothing to do otherwise. Here's a photo.
Might keep me busy during the 6 hrs off i have...in between two 18 hr shifts.

Going to sell it at a few small mom & pop stores. Much easier than selling online.

Anyone else have a small side gig?
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have a small side business they do just for extra spending money?-img_0726-1-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 01:38 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Yes, i have a side business where I find expired vitamins and change the dates on them to make them look like they still have some time left on them....then I give it out to hustlers who think they're getting non-expired material....you know....just for sh*ts and giggles.....I don't make any money off it....i just like to think from time to time about the whole scheme and chuckle a bit.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
Yes, i have a side business where I find expired vitamins and change the dates on them to make them look like they still have some time left on them....then I give it out to hustlers who think they're getting non-expired material....you know....just for sh*ts and giggles.....I don't make any money off it....i just like to think from time to time about the whole scheme and chuckle a bit.
Except the dates are listed on the box better find something better than this scheme lol

Old 11-11-2018, 02:31 PM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post
I found an ongoing source for supplements including vitamins all with long enough expiration dates
Should add a few hundred dollars a month. 6 hrs off off in between my two 18 hr shifts with nothing to do otherwise. Here's a photo.

Going to sell it at a few small mom & pop stores. Much easier than selling online.

Have you found any stores to buy from you yet? Just wondering how easy that will be and if you get in, how fast they'll sell.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:33 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
I buy and sell stuff.

Old 11-11-2018, 02:53 PM

2,471 posts, read 2,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBeeHunter View Post

1. Not many mom and pop stores anymore.
2. Why would they buy from you?
3. Why would someone buy them from the mom and pop?
4. What if someone chokes?

I don’t see any problems with this plan of selling long expiration date supplements.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Have you found any stores to buy from you yet? Just wondering how easy that will be and if you get in, how fast they'll sell.
I did. I bought some supplements with just a 6 month expiration date so sold them at 50% mark up.
Just glad to get rid of them. These body cleanse stuff sell but you only use it once every six months.

Bought way too many of those.

As for the other vitamins and supplements, I've sold a few boxesof 12 each for 2.5x more than I bought it for.

It's all good. At least so far.

If I keep chuggling away as I have, I'll do about $300 a month. Maybe a little more. Better than bothering with coupons

Old 11-14-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
1. Not many mom and pop stores anymore.
2. Why would they buy from you?
3. Why would someone buy them from the mom and pop?
4. What if someone chokes?

I don’t see any problems with this plan of selling long expiration date supplements.
I am not sure what you are asking, "what if someone chokes?"

What does that mean??

Old 11-14-2018, 06:22 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
people do this a lot on ebay/amazon

buy large packages of diapers, list it at twice the cost including shipping and wait a month. if not sold, they take it back for a return. toys r us was a popular choice for this

entire webpages about things you can buy and sell, and return if not sold, so no real money lost outside of effort to move items around. popular items on discount is when you see this, people buy lots and wait until sale is over to list it online and undercut normal price a little. if not sold by return date policy, they return it and get money back,

doesnt work well in other countries, but the US has one of the most generous return policies so people take advantage of it

edit:black friday is coming up, a lot of people are going to stock up on those sales and wait until spring to turn over. with the 90 day return policy on some places, they can wait until holiday season is over

the game consoles are another one you see people hoard, anything that is a hot holiday gift that you hear about but stores are out of stock on, people are buying them all to hoard while sales are happening, and once stock is out, they list online. happens every year

its a nice gig, get credit card points on items you sell on top of the profit. the items you return, nothing was lost but gas money to store

Last edited by MLSFan; 11-14-2018 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-14-2018, 08:59 PM

I had no idea about that. I suggest you edit this Post.^^^^ Nothing good can come from it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business