Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 01:04 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,337,447 times

Advertisements

To be clear:

This is a "story" on USA Today that is actually an advertisement pretending to be a story from the Motley Fool hoping that people will click on the link to get a free report. Your free report will offer you a sign up to the Motley Fool Stock Adviser site and you will get a deal, as it normally cost $199 for a yearly subscription but by getting the free report your subscription will cost $99 for the year.

I like reading the Motley Fool. They are entertaining and seem to offer good advice. I have not considered joining the Stock Adviser program that they offer. I am sure that you will find some awesome advice by joining.

We have no idea if any of these people have invested in the company they want us to pay money to find out about.

As far as companies coming and going. It happens all the time.

When I was a kid American Motors was the 4th largest Automobile manufacture in the United States. That company came about as Nash-Kelvinator merged with Hudson. (Realize we could go back further as Nash-Kelvinator was a merger from the 30's and both N-K and Hudson swallowed up other car companies from earlier eras. Hudson had acquired the Essex Car company with Essex producing the Terraplane up till 1938.

Eventually American Motors was bought out by Chrysler Corporation, with all that was left of the company was the Eagle brand of cars and Jeep.

Chrysler was merged into Daimler Benz for a while and now as part of Fiat. Fiat is going to stop producing Chrysler named cars within a couple years. The pickup truck line that Dodge was so proud of has been changed to the Ram division. The two remaining strengths from the old Chrysler company are the Truck division and Jeep. Which is funny as Jeep has been the one constant with all these companies, at least since the 1940's when Willy's Overland won the contract to build the Jeep.

The idea is that change happens. You either move with the changes or stop moving altogether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 11:43 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,031,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Jeff Bezos just shocked Amazon investors to the core with this dire statement:

“I predict one day, Amazon will fail.”

In a recent interview, Bezos explained that he believes “Amazon will be disrupted one day” and eventually “will go bankrupt.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spons...ded+Content%5D

That's basically like the CEO of Sears saying as much. In 1905.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:17 PM

51 posts, read 55,260 times
I hope everyone commenting on the title realizes this is a click bait ad.

I read the article to the end. Its a setup for you to sign up.. its not news.

Mods might want to do something...

Old 04-17-2019, 02:28 PM

788 posts, read 1,248,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Jeff Bezos just shocked Amazon investors to the core with this dire statement:

If investors were shocked by that they are morons. Every company will eventually be obsolete one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business