Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 10:33 PM

17,877 posts, read 15,723,446 times

Advertisements

Are there any asian massage parlors that are operated as legit, and not a front for vice?

This apparently is a nationwide phenom. I dont know, but perhaps globally as well. Even Robert Kraft was caught up in it, in Florida.

Or is it just a few bad apples giving the others a bad rap?

I have been to massage parlors not run by the chinese that are totally legit. Like nordic spas in Canada, or Lifetime Spa which is a national chain. Lets face, those "massage parlors" I am referring to are run by the Chinese.

Or are most actually legitimate, and there is some conspiracy/campaign to smear the entire industry, and drive out a competitor?

I really dont know where to put and ask this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2021, 08:59 AM

12,272 posts, read 7,978,924 times
I think the term predates massage being a service that many in the middle class would purchase and the Iron Curtain was still shut for Eastern Europeans but Asian immigrants were starting to come after the restrictions on them were lifted.

So the industry took a market share between the private brothels and the open street walkers and the name stuck even after non Asians starting working that middle class sex industry. I don't know why any totally legitimate non sexual massage venue would put "Asian" or any variation of Asian in its name except as a bait and switch to get the door fee once from customers hoping for more only to get turned away.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:52 PM

1,593 posts, read 840,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Are there any asian massage parlors that are operated as legit, and not a front for vice?

This apparently is a nationwide phenom. I dont know, but perhaps globally as well. Even Robert Kraft was caught up in it, in Florida.

Or is it just a few bad apples giving the others a bad rap?

I have been to massage parlors not run by the chinese that are totally legit. Like nordic spas in Canada, or Lifetime Spa which is a national chain. Lets face, those "massage parlors" I am referring to are run by the Chinese.

Or are most actually legitimate, and there is some conspiracy/campaign to smear the entire industry, and drive out a competitor?

I really dont know where to put and ask this question.

I like Asian massage parlors. From the weird, Chinese "style" instrumental music (of recognizable songs) to the Walnut cracking fingers of a 40 year old Chinese woman (the best!), to the broken English most of them speak. It's all much more to the point than say a Massage Envy with the cookie cutter decor, mediocre local massage school graduates and of course the always fun sales pitch for scheduling "regular" sessions.

The long hours of Asian massage parlors also work for me. I pulled something in my back the night before going on vacation and could hardly move. Found an Asian parlor open until 10 and rolled in just before 9. 60 minutes of hot stones and the Walnut cracking fingers and I'm right as rain and felt great getting on the plane the next day. Try that at your local "legit" massage place.

Also, having a 100lb Asian woman walk on your back is super cool (look for hand rails in the ceiling). Recommend.

Most of them do not do happy endings. I would say only 1 in 10 have offered, and no services beyond that. Fronts for outright brothels may exist but I've never seen one at least in my part of the American South.

I'm not opposed to happy endings, and in fact support legalized and regulated brothels. People need sexual release, and when they don't get it they can go cray cray. Best to provide a societal safety valve, especially in this day and age where people are living on their phones and seem to have trouble engaging with people in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business